FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk Speed Issues

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter
Message 66 of 66

Its been a tiresome day with speed issues especially when the agent ends the chat when i am trying to assist in resolving a problem.  

Bayleyvilla_0-1598367439673.png

I think this constitutes a problem.

The connection has been ropey since around 09:45 / 10:00 this morning ( 25/08/2020 )

Placed a speed test on the line to run every 5 or 10 minutes here is the link for the results ( link is dynamic so if you refresh the page it will update )

https://testmy.net/stats/?t=u&l=1000&q=Bayleyvilla&f=1

So if anyone from Talk Talk want to pick this up and run with it please be my guest.

0 Likes
65 REPLIES 65

Message 61 of 66

Hi Bayleyvilla

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check/confirm the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 62 of 66

Greetings Michelle.

Yes i do have a master socket with a test socket. I have been using it from 10:45 on the 25/08/2020.

Early this morning 00:45 i powered down the router and reinstated it at about 06:21 ( approximately six and a half hours )

The problem remains the same, although Talk Talk may argue that the speed test that I use is probably not recognised for there purposes it is still repesentive of a problem with the speed the test will run for 7 days it is dynamic so the link can be refreshed.

Speed tests taken with Talk Talk speed test

Bayleyvilla_0-1598517882953.png

Bit slow I think.

Link to my speed test https://testmy.net/stats/?t=u&l=1000&q=Bayleyvilla&f=1

Please sort this out, there are no problems within the premises the master socket is the latest addition G Fast socket and the cabling is in better than good condition.

Perhaps a request to Openreach to reset the profile may be in order as the DLM had placed the download on interleave ( 789 ) which shows very little errors but the upload remains on fast showing significant errors.

Please provide me with a copy of the Guaranteed minimum speed details from the email following contract renewal or point me to the part of my account where i can find this. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 63 of 66

Hi Bayleyvilla,

Ok thanks for the update. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can re-check to see if DLM makes any changes to the sync speed please?

Thanks

Message 64 of 66

Greetings Michelle.

Numerous tests were performed before even contacting Talk Talk, the router was replaced as i always keep a spare. the speeds started to become more stable around 16:45 on the 25/08/2020 and as of the 26/08/2020 at 10:15 are now running between ( 42.36 D 14.79 U ) and ( 51.44 D 17.08 U ) Mbps.

This is an improvement but still below previous recorded speeds.

I do not believe that the line ( tested by Openreach and commented as good ) has ever reached its full potential, the profile I believe should be 80/20 but is recorded at 62+/19+ attainable rate. With the line classed as good and the distance from the cabinet 240m i would expect a service of 78Mbps allowing for some cross talk 15% i would be looking for a down speed of 66+Mbps. Talk Talk speed test is recording 50.7Mbps regardless of my estimates is this not below your minimum promised level of service. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 65 of 66

Hi Bayleyvilla,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent at the moment? Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Thanks

0 Likes