FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk talk’s internet stops working everyday without fail at some point?

Pennychewer
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Your new advertisement made me laugh today. The ad states how things come as a “standard”, yet your prehistoric tv boxes don’t  even have a wireless adapter! 

However I found a way around that, my biggest problem is that the internet will randomly shutdown at some point. But for the last few weeks, during the day, it goes down. It used to usually happen in the night, but more and more it’s been doing it during the day. Which it now unfortunately  it happens only during the day. 

Now before I get some innocent employee replying with the required “standard” replies that basically mean “probably your fault”, like I’ve seen on other posts. I’ll skip that waste of time by saying:

-my internet runs fast and good when it’s working

-I never had this problem with sky.

-I replaced all my wires and hardware on my side after the first week of having talk talk to try and fix this

-My neighbours, friends and family who all have talk talk experience this. Some more than others. But still for everyone. Some of my family and friends live miles away so it’s not the area.

- speaking of area I get 80mbps here, we’ll supposed too. lol

Though I don’t like to assume, I’m pretty sure it’s to do with the old and bad quality of your provided hardware and software. I speculate that to perform updates, all the connections to the box need to be halted or even needs to be shutdown. If this is true, then talk talk is definitely below the “standard” and the ad is a complete lie. I really hope talk talk gets into some sort of trouble so the greedy guys at the top who cheap out, lose out. But let’s be honest, they’ll do what they did before, yes it’s happened before and they’ll just probably make employee cuts like they have done in the past so they can keep up their high wages.  They’ll probably never see this post, and if they do, they won’t care. 

so dear the customer service rep reading this, I don’t hold any of the blame on you and I understand you can’t actually do anything about this. I just wanted to have a public rant for what ever it’s worth. 

4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Do you know your TalkTalk account number? if you do then could you add this to the private notes section of your Community profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hey,  sure! 
It’s a WiFi hub, manufactured by sagemcom 

both wireless and wired connections stop working.

I have no idea what my home number is. Could I call talk talk for that information?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Pennychewer,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, if you like us to look into this can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Pennychewer well done rant delivered😀.

Now would you like some help because if yes a bit more info would be appreciated.

Which router do you have?

Are your problems wired or WiFi or both.?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

The team here are really very good and will work hard to get you sorted. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes