FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Amazon Tech Pack Code Not Valid

simonbelen
Participant
Message 16 of 16

I received the email from TalkTalk inviting me to order my free Amazon product with "unique code".

I followed the instructions to the letter.

I followed the link to the Amazon website.

I added the product to the basket

I continued to the Checkout

I checked the address etc

I entered the unique code both Manually and by "Copy & Paste" checking to make sure there were no spaces in the front or end of the code

I repeated this exercise many, many times.

Every time the website responded.........

"There was a problem. The promotional code is not valid"

I discover by reading other posts on this website that I am not alone.....

NOT HAPPY

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

SUCCESS!!!!

Received my third email from TalkTalk and this time the code worked!!!

Thank you

Message 3 of 16

Hi @simonbelen

Sorry that you are still having problems.

Can you PM me the 2nd code you have been sent and I will confirm this with the team responsible. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I do not represent TalkTalk, I am just a customer like yourself. The forums do not offer real time support and the team are generally not online at weekends. Please be patient and they will get back to you. OCE TT Staff should have made it clear. I have no idea who sent you the email. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi @ferguson

Ah! So besides being a "Community Star", by the way you respond to my last post, you clearly also represent TalkTalk. Pleased to meet you. 

This is a community and members are welcome, indeed encouraged to offer advice to each other in order to help. But this isn't really something that customers can help each other with, is it?

I disagree.

What is clearly apparent is that we all have the same issue in common, that it has been going on for at least 4 months now and that none of us have a solution for it. Or at least, none that have posted recently on this forum. At least we know it is not something we can help each other with.

Every case needs to be looked at separately so that the team can look at individual accounts where appropriate.

Well evidently this isn't appropriate and TalkTalk have a bigger issue here.

The support team have already replied in the form of OCE Arne and you have responded to him, so I am puzzled by your last point.

Ah! So OCE Arne is a member of the Support Team? Good to know.

Well, as can be seen above, the last communication I had with OCE Arne was a question to ask if "the product in your basket is being sold by the official amazon site." to which I left a comprehensive reply, and that was the last I heard from him.

Bit of a stupid question really since I used the link in the TalkTalk email to get to the Amazon website which I had already eluded to in the first posted message on the subject.

So it would be safe to assume that OCE Arne was responsible for sending the second TalkTalk email containing the second code which also failed?

Or was that in response to my conversation with Customer Service over 7 days ago when I was told the problem had been escalated?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

This is a community and members are welcome, indeed encouraged to offer advice to each other in order to help. But this isn't really something that customers can help each other with, is it?  Every case needs to be looked at separately so that the team can look at individual accounts where appropriate. The support team have already replied in the form of OCE Arne and you have responded to him, so I am puzzled by your last point. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

@ferguson 

In response to your last message

In the meantime it really doesn't help posting multiple times across other members' topics.

I'm sorry.... I thought this was supposed to be a "community"

All you are doing is causing delays for every other topic on which you post.

"Every other topic". No sir... they are all on the same topic. That's the whole point

Please read the community guidelines, specifically around multiple posting.

I'm sorry.... I thought this was supposed to be a "community"

We have been loyal TalkTalk customers for years.

We rarely complain, although renewing the TalkTalk contract every 12/18/24 months has become a perennial nightmare.

You already have the attention of the support team.

REALLY? How do you know? Because its the first I have heard about it.

All I know is that, after the second code failed we have had to call "Customer Service" in an Indian Call Centre, and, although they do the best they can with their limited power, all they can do is "escalate the problem" and "don't expect to hear anything for 7 days". 

That's twice now.

I still haven't heard anything from anyone

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I didn't say you were, in fact quite the opposite.You already have the attention of the support team. All you are doing is causing delays for every other topic on which you post. Please read the community guidelines, specifically around multiple posting. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

In the meantime it really doesn't help posting multiple times across other members' topics.

WHY NOT????

Its the only way to get your attention.

And we are clearly not the only "customer" that is having difficulties

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Sorry to see this. There is clearly an issue around this promotion, but that is not to say it is a "rip off." Please wait for further advice from the support team. In the meantime it really doesn't help posting multiple times across other members' topics. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

I received a second email from TalkTalk yesterday, titled "your Amazon Tech Pack code is waiting for you".

It contained a new code. (OK.... Hopefully this one will work 😕)

Once again I followed the instructions in the TalkTalk email carefully and exactly.

I clicked on the link in the email which took me to the Amazon website.
I "added the product to the basket"
I "continued to the Checkout"
I checked the address etc ask told to by the website
I entered the unique code both Manually and by "Copy & Paste", checking to make sure there were no spaces in the front or end of the code.
I repeated this exercise many, many times.... AGAIN
Every time the website responded.........

"There was a problem. The promotional code is not valid"

THIS IS GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATING

I rang TalkTalk customer service
I spoke to the agent who said he would escalate the problem...... AGAIN
He said it would take another 7 days to respond.

I am now considering all my options including copying this thread to "Rip Off Britain"

ANGRILY 😡

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I can confirm that the product in my basket is being sold by the official amazon site. It reads: 

"Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl" on the right side of the web page.

For the record, I am using the link in YOUR email. Your email reads as follows. I just clicked on the link "click here"

Here's what to do
1. To order your device, click here to head to Amazon and select the device and colour you’d like.
2. Add the product to your basket and continue to the checkout. If you don’t have an Amazon Account you’ll be prompted to do so at this stage.
3. Double check to make sure you’ve added your address details, a payment method and reviewed your delivery timeline.
4. Simply enter the unique code below at checkout, and hey presto, your devices will immediately be reduced to £0!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Thank you, 

Can you confirm that the product in your basket is being sold by the official amazon site.  It should say "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl" 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

Done!

Looking forward to hearing from you

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi @simonbelen

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes