FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Hub Speed Dropping

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 16

Hello, I've got a talk talk hub router and until recently it has been working without trouble. The last few weeks however - despite all the speed tests, cabinet tests, socket tests, the router keeps dropping download speeds from 25mpbs+ to 0.5mbps, about 4 or 5 times a day, every day.

I've tried resetting the router each time, and that resolves it for a few hours, then the speed drops again. Is it possible to order a replacement router please?

Diddy P

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂 I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 16

Hi,

Just a quick update a month later and indeed the new router solved the issue. Download and upload speeds are consistent and there is no drop out at all of connection. Seems that the router was the issue. Thanks for sending a relacement one.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 16

HI Debbie,

Just letting you know that  we've receieved the new router. We'll test it out over the next few days and will get back to you here.

Thank you, DiddyP

Message 5 of 16

Hi DiddyP

Sorry for the delay.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 16

Hi Debbie, yes please - that would be great. I can confirm if it is the router for sure then 🙂

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 16

Hi DiddyP

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 16

Hi Chris, Just letting you know that the factory reset did not resolve the issue. I still have to recycle the router to achieve gauranteed speeds. It seems like the speed degrades over the course of a few hours. A reset of the router resolves it initially.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK thanks, look forward to hearing how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 16

Will do Chris. I'll see how it goes today and tomorrow and get back to you tomorrow evening.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Yes, could you try it again and let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 16

A month or so Chris, yes I did, but it did not resolve the problem. Shall I try it again today

?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Thanks for that. Could I just ask, have you tried resetting your router to factory default settings?

Chris

0 Likes

DiddyP
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 16

Hi Chris, Thank you for the guidance, I've done just that.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi DiddyP,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes