FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Network Tests

Giraffe
Wise Owl
Message 8 of 8

Can someone possibly explain how the broadband/wifi test service gets its results?

Tests on my home network produce poor results yet everything is working ok. Speeds to my home and via wifi to my laptop and tablets are shown as good yet TalkTalk Network tester suggests there is a problem with my home set up?

I know it is not perfect, best position for my router a Sagemcom Fast 5364 is on the window sill downstairs and my laptop and wifi printer are upstairs but the broadband wifi speeds to my laptop and tablets are regularly at 36Mbps. My printer a hp operates on 2.4GHz and the inbuilt signal tester regular shows a top rating of 5.

I retested my Network downstairs using my laptop over wifi next to my router with 40 Mbps signal after switching off all other devices and got the same Service Centre poor results.

A test results email from TalkTalk after testing my line stated everything looks good.

I find these test results all very confusing. I hope someone may be able to explain how I keep getting poor test results?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi Giraffe,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Giraffe
Wise Owl
Message 2 of 8

To update as at today it now looks like the problems I had have been sorted. Speed to Router Icon now shown as Green with a tick. Network Service Status  still shown as poor but when I check this refers to a issue in the North East? The live test shows I have a good broadband connection. So whatever was the issue relative to my home network has now sorted itself?

Thanks for your interest.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

Yep!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I will give it a try hopefully they are attached?HP Printer Wifi  Quality ReportHP Printer Wifi Quality ReportTT reportTT reportTT reportTT reportTT Speed Check to my LaptopTT Speed Check to my LaptopAdditional Seperated Speed TestAdditional Seperated Speed TestTT emailTT emailWindows  Wifi  Analyzer 2.4GHzWindows Wifi Analyzer 2.4GHzWindows Wifi Analyzer 5GHzWindows Wifi Analyzer 5GHz

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

You cannot attach PNG files, nor can you reply to email notifications. You can however use the camera/picture icon in the reply toolbar to insert them into a post.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hello Michelle

I have taken several screenshots on my Network Test Results. They are in png file format which I didn't realise will not load with this post. I have therefore attached them to your email reply. I hope this is ok?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Giraffe,

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of this but ensure that you remove any personal information before you post it.

Thanks

0 Likes