FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 router no longer logging events

steven123
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi.

I have Fibre 150 and my TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 router (version SG4K10002816t) has not been logging events (Maintenance -> Logs) since midnight 31 August 2021 (last logged event 31.08.2021 23:58:57), 6 days ago.

Usually there are literally hundreds of logged events every day.

Is this a known issue (perhaps a firmware bug?) and is there anything that can be done to resolve the problem?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Regards,

Steve

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

steven123
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

Hi.

Thank you, Karl. It's most appreciated.

All is well at the moment and I have a number of entries in the log for this afternoon already which is a promising sign.

Thanks again.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Steven123,

I've made a change, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

steven123
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 10

Hi.

It has now been 3 weeks since my last message and 9 weeks since my original post and my router's firmware has still not been updated.

I'm not asking for it to be updated just to have the latest version.

A few weeks ago, I had a serious issue with my broadband. I was getting upwards of 60 drop-outs per day and this went on for 6 weeks. It took 5 engineer visits to resolve.

However, the router was not logging events at the time so I had no record of any of the drop-outs to present as evidence of the problem.

I would very much like to know that, should I encounter the problem again, it will not be compounded (and made more difficult to report) by the faulty firmware in my router.

Please update my router's firmware soon.

Thank you.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry this is taking so long but you shouldn't have to wait much longer, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

steven123
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 10

Hi.

It has been 6 weeks since I posted my query and my router is still on SG4K10002816t.

I see from the forum that many people's routers have already been updated to SG4K100130 (and a friend's router has been updated to SG4K100130, too).

Is there any chance that my router could perhaps be updated soon, please?

I'd really like to be able to monitor events but this is not currently possible with the logging bug in my router's current firmware.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Steve,

No problem, hopefully it won't take too long to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

steven123
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 10

Hi, Karl.

Thank you for letting me know. It's most appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Steve,

The issue with the logs is resolved in a later firmware update.

This is currently rolling out to customers in batches over the following weeks.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes