FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk TV Box

baskingoutinthesun
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

I have been with TalkTalk now for about 17 months.  I was originally on Fibre 65 for the first 12 months or so then changed to Fiber 150.

I was just wondering when the TalkTalk box I have becomes my property.  I know normally it is after the completion of the contract.  My initial contract was for 18 months and I renewed for another 18 months on the upgraded fiber package about 12 months in.

I will be with TalkTalk for the forseeable future but was thinking about suspending TalkTalk TV.  I wouldnt want to do that if it effectively meant I would have to return the box when my contract ends as I still use the freeview features.

Much appreciate any help you can give.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi

The TV box is yours after the 18 moth period of the TV part of the contract.

also, from March of this year, the new T&C's apply to all new contracts made after this date and are as follows : 

7.2 All such necessary equipment will be owned by us apart from the following equipment which you will own: (a) any router and/or set top box that we send you as part of a new service with us; and (b) any equipment that you have paid for.

If we choose to replace your router or set top box outside of any warranty period (which is usually 12 months) without charging you for it, we’ll own such replacement equipment, unless we agree otherwise.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi.

To be sure i suggest you wait for confirmation from an OCE. Just in case rules have changed.

Otherwise this has already been posted on this forum

If you have had the TV box for the life of the TV contract, (usually 18 months), then you do not have to return the box.

Beware that any boost channels will stop working and also any recordings made from None freeview (boost), channels will no longer work

0 Likes