FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Ethernet Ports Down

alistairheeley
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I have an issue whereby all four Ethernet ports at the rear of my hub (version SG4K10002816t) have status 'down' as confirmed by the advanced settings screen when accessed via the dashboard. I have reset the router a couple of times and tried various combinations of devices and cables, however every LAN port seems to be dead. I am currently working around the issue using hastily purchased USB Wi-Fi adapters for the two desktop computers previously wired to the hub, however I cannot use my NAS at all.

Internet connectivity and both Wi-Fi bands are completely unaffected, all wireless devices are working perfectly but I need to use wired connections as I could until yesterday. It seems this part of the router has just failed as there is no green connection light on any devices I connect to any port, please supply a replacement router and, if necessary, advise how to return the faulty unit. I am unwilling to purchase another TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub at circa £100 having just forked out for USB dongles I shouldn't need.

I have included a snip from the dashboard below:

Ports.JPG

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

alistairheeley
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

Thanks, @Karl-TalkTalk.

@bigkenny, my current hub had been great, hopefully the replacement will resolve the issue. I probably would have purchased a different brand had a replacement not been arranged.

@DRT22, hope you get sorted too, maybe start a new topic if you haven’t already. I can’t fault the Wi-Fi at all but the ports shouldn’t just fail.

0 Likes

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 2 of 7

There is NO way I would even pay for a TT router. If you have to get your own there are better routers that do the job better than TTs freebies. I bought my own and think they work better and have less problems, I just keep mine if needed as test machine only. I know a lot of people would sooner put up with the ISP ones but each to there own I guess

0 Likes

DRT22
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

I also have a similar problem to Alistair.  Every other day I have to reboot the new hub as it loses the ethernet connections.  Internet and wifi stay working but I can't do anything other than reboot the hub.

This is a bit disappointing as I was sent the hub to help with poor wifi coverage and indeed that problem is solved.  The older hub was rock solid in terms of internet, wifi and ethernet but it was just not good enough on the wifi signal coverage.

I also have version SG4K10002816t and am a bit disappointed that one problem is fixed and another has arisen.

Support - Do I need to start a new thread?  Is there any other firmware to try?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi

A replacement router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

alistairheeley
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi, @Divsec, and thank-you for your response. This is not particularly urgent as I am working around the issue for now, I will wait to hear back with patience.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @alistairheeley Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes