FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub new Firmware SG4K100136 degraded performance

norbo
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hi

I am getting a bad ping since router has been upgraded two days ago.

I heavily relay on latency with real team streaming media with servers spread across europe and before the upgrade I was getting a very low and steady ping as low as 4ms, now ping has jumped to 9-16ms with some packet loss also, this is not good for me. Can we please rollback the firmware to previous version asap?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie, just took me sometime and also wanted to make sure as I had some mixed results but I can say that the rollback has resolved the issue.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8

Hi norbo

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, ping is okay but will be testing real time streaming media later on today as it became all sounding burbled because of the issue. Thanks for rolling back in the meantime.

Message 5 of 8

Hi norbo

Sorry for the delay.

I've made the change to the firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

norbo
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie

Yes please, I mean I think any previous version should be fine as I never had this issue since I started to use Fibre.

Do you know if this is overnight?

Thanks

norbo

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi norbo

I can try a different firmware but it wont be the 2816 version. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes