FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk acceptable usage policy?

IHatePlasticStraws
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Does TalkTalk have an acceptable use policy to make sure that the connection is not being used for business / commercial reasons? (With the exception of working from home due to Covid-19) I know a lot of providers don't have a fair use policy but a lot of them still have an acceptable use policy.

We are now running well over 3TB a month and I suspect this is going to be hitting 4TB a month pretty soon! In the last 2 weeks, we've had two COD updates at just shy of 50GB and 70GB respectively and that was downloaded onto four separate Xbox consoles! (I know we can do the console to console transfer but it never works!)

I'm now getting increasingly worried that we will soon be getting a letter from TalkTalk saying our usage is too high. We aren't using it for business use, but like I say we have four Xbox One X consoles, four PS4 Pro consoles (all of which subscribe to Game Pass and PSNow respectively), Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sky On Demand, Gaming PC's with Steam access.

1TB 10 years ago would be absolutely insane (I remember getting threatening letters off Virgin when hitting 600-700GB a month) ... But what about today? Are they likely to have any issues and say it's unacceptable for a residential connection?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Ultimately our service is unlimited for home users, but you can find all our terms and conditions and other policies here : 

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE