FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk please train your staff about FTTP

Colin59
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

As per another thread, my FTTC connection has once again turned to *&%$, it is a continuation of a problem during wet weather that I have had for years and Openreach engineers seem unable to fix.

So I emailed a contact in the CEO's office as to when FTTP would be available over Openreach fibre, as we have it on our local pole and nabours have FTTP. The response from the person tasked with answering me was almost beyond belief. All I want to know is some idea of when I can order FTTP over Openreach fibre so that I can get a reliable (not disconnecting multiple times per day), and faster (now dropped to 3.5/0.5) connection. 

I had a phone call, which was nice, but the person (UK based) had less knowledge than me about TalkTalk's plans, and the follow up email, a section from which is posted below is a joke.

[quote]Regarding your enquiry of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTP) availability in your area I would like to confirm some information I have obtained since our conversation.

UFO (Ultra fast Fibre Optic) is our role-out of FTTP. This role-out is in partnership with Openreach and as I am aware the only place UFO has been installed is in the York area.

Once FTTP has passed the trial stages and role-out begins nationwide Openreach will notify all providers of which areas will be next in the list to upgrade.

When we know which areas are next due to receive FTTP we will notify our customers.

Please keep an eye out for any communications via TalkTalk as we await further information from Openreach.[/quote]

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Colin,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know if it does become unstable again during wet weather.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hello Michelle, the speed has been around normal, I've only noticed one drop out. We have had mainly dry weather the last few days, it won't be until we have a lot of rain that we can tell if the fault has been fixed, hopefully by then FTTP will be here.

Colin

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the update. How has the stability and speed been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Last night my internet was virtually unusable, was dropping about every 15mins. Two Engineers turned up this morning, as is always the case the line had recovered after a couple of weeks of problems and was back up to speed with no dropouts today. Anyway one was a trainee so the line was toughly checked and a possible problem was identified 250m up the road, on investigation they found a poor joint and this was remade,  not sure if this will sort out the line, but roll on FTTP.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that they have contacted you back. Please let us know how everything goes after the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hello Michelle, thank you for your offer, but the CEO's office rang back this morning, it seems after a bit more research he had a slightly better idea of the situation, although I still had to inform him that TT had made a statement on 15th June of which he had no information.

Anyway we agreed that as it might be possible that I'm in for a long wait until FTTP then the faults team will now arrange a Openreach visit, there where minor issues with crackling on the line during the call, and since then the internet has dropped two or three times. I have no great optimism that this will resolve the issue, but as I'm stuck at home (so far all this year) due to waiting for a operation it will not inconvenience me. If at sometime you get the info on FTTP and are able to email me (I think a message here triggers that) it would be gratefully received.

Colin

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi Colin,

I'm sorry to hear that. We are currently awaiting additional information in regards to FTTP (not UFO) and are hoping to be able to provide more information on this soon and when we are able to offer this. Whilst I don't have the details I am aware of trials which are starting in the near future, along with FTTP in other areas of UK outside of the York and surrounding area. At this moment in time I don't have exact dates, however we will be posting on the Community about this as soon as we have more information that we can share.

Would you like us to have a look at your current connection to see if we can locate any issues as I can see that you've mentioned this in your first post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

@Oliver222, I could understand if I had been told "sorry we don't have a date yet", but I've only posted part of the story, it started out with a almost surreal phone conversation. Bare in mind this was someone tasked by the CEO's office to give an answer, during the phone call it became obvious they had no idea TT where soon to offer FTTP on Openreach laid fibre, but worst than this they had no idea of the different technologies, or contracts, confusing FTTC with FTTP, and City Fibre's FTTH. The clip I've pasted above was after I (very politely I hope) told them to look into it further and find out about the different technologies and how it was being rolled out. I don't claim to be an expert and I'm not an employee of TT, so it's inexcusable that I should know more about the technologies and TT's policies than a employee tasked with sorting out a customers problem.

Oliver222
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 10

hi 

they don't know yet.  because its starting this mouth in July  has not started yet 

from Oliver 

0 Likes