FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk saying I cancelled my order when I didn't - where's a link to talk to someone?

DavidB-E
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

So, I.ve been on Fast Broadband for many years. My current contract ends early next month. I decided to go to  Fibre 35 - the 22-ish I get on Fast broadband is fine for me, but it appeared the only option for that now would actually cost considerably more than Fibre 35 or 65. Got an order confirmation and the order showed in My Account. Was supposed to go live last Friday (8th). Got a message late last Friday saying Openreach had found a problem that would delay things. New go live date Tuesday. Got another message that evening saying still a problem, new go live date Wednesday. Got a knock on the door on Wednesday, Openreach guy saying still some problem in the cabinet about swapping head units but they would definitely sort it out.

Yesterday I got a TalkTalk email about how my current  contract was ending soon with a link for options, as if I didn't have the order for the new contract, but I just assumed a case of left hand not knowing what right was doing. I did click through from the email to see, but did NOT click on any option, and it actually said if I didn't click on that page nothing would happen. My Fibre .35 order was still showing in My Account.

This afternoon I received another email from TalkTalk subject 'David, we're cancelling your recent TalkTalk order' and starting 'We’re sorry to hear you want to cancel your recent TalkTalk order'. My Fibre 35 order has now disappeared from My Account.

I did NOT cancel my order! But it's now gone out of My Account. AND I can't find a find a link anywhere to talk to TalkTalk by phone or chat - every help or support link just goes round in circles to help articles that don't help.

And OF COURSE they do this at the start of an extra long holiday weekend.

Don't TalkTalk want me as a customer? WHY has my order been cancelled? How do i get through to someone to sort this?

Oh great - now I try to post, and it says no because I forgot to add a label. So I add one, try to post again, and it now says 'Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)'. So I try to post once, it tells me to fix something, so I fix it and it then won't let me post because I've tried to post more than once, even though that was only because it told me to. This is a really bad joke.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi DavidB-E

Once the order goes live if you post back we can remove the TV charge manually. 

Regards.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

It's ALWAYS included in the title, @DavidB-E.

I think to be absolutely sure, give them a phone call. 

That would be the only way to remove it if there's a charge in addition to the agreed price. 

Otherwise it does just mean "available" - annoying, as it causes alarm unnecessarily. They even add it to the Fast Broadband package description. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DavidB-E
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 11

Now something else I'm concerned about.

I've been on a Fast Broadband 18 month contract, expiring 4th May, and agreed on the phone when trying to sort this trouble out I'd have Fibre 35 fixed for 18 months at a monthly £23.95 which now has a go live date of 29thy April, which I'd previously ordered - without the fixed price and for £23.50 - with a go live date of a week ago that got got cancelled. The My Package & Add-ons page shows this for my current package and pending order. But the TRACK YOUR ORDER page says it's 'Fibre 35 with TalkTalk TV'. What's with the 'with TalkTalk TV'? Does that just mean, as previously, I have access to rent and buy things from the TalkTalk TV store as before but no box and no monthly additional cost, or does it mean the package with the TalkTalk TV box at extra monthly cost, which I did NOT want or agree to?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 11

General contact options here: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

FF contact using the blue Chat button:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

Forum staff will be back on here after the Bank Holiday, @NorrieT, but if you need their help, please follow up on your own thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/Getting-started/td-p/2877302

The subject of this is not the same topic at all, and staff will only reply to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

NorrieT
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 11

I signed up for talk talk Future Fibre in January 2022, after a failed to show install I had to go through the application process again over the telephone and because of the hassle Id been through I was given a promotional Offer for  FF500.  I eventually got my engineer visit last week and I am only running at FF150 speed,  after many online chats and phone calls to TT I am no further forward in getting the Package that was agreed.  I cant see any details on my account yet so cant see anything that's happening. Ive to keep checking and once my account is up they  (TT) will honor the deal that we agreed to  (allegedly), fingers crossed I get there in the end.

Its not been a good journey so far and I certainly wouldn't recommend TT to anyone else.

To rub salt into the wound I came home from work on Thursday night and found another Amazon Eero 6 WIFI router dumped outside my home by the bins (thanks Yodel).

NT

NorrieT
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

That is good to see. Keep us posted and let us know if you need any further help. 

0 Likes

DavidB-E
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the link. (Sorry, I'm disabled and typing the original post did me in for the rest of yesterday). The phone number on that page did get me through to customer services this afternoon, and while we didn't get to the bottom of what happened to the original order, I now have a new order I am assured will go through before my current contract ends.

( The '22-ish' was Mbps - what I mostly have been getting on my old Fast Broadband.)

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

You are unlikely to get a response from the support team here until Tuesday at the earliest.

Alternative contact details and opening hours can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

@DavidB-E wrote:

the 22-ish I get on Fast broadband is fine for me

Not sure what you mean by that- "22-ish" what?

@DavidB-E wrote:

I can't find a find a link anywhere to talk to TalkTalk by phone or chat

If you go to the search box at the top of any of the forum pages and type something like "phone", "chat", "contact" or similar the first search result you will get is a link to this page Ways of contacting us - TalkTalk Help & Support giving the support phone number, chat button and opening hours. I'm not sure how they are affected by the holiday weekend though unfortunately.