FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk won’t connect to PS4

Naomi6
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hello I recently bought a PS4 to connect to m wifi (I’ve been a customer for about 3 months I think) and the router name does not come up on the list, the console is fully updated, someone message back ASAP please kind regards 

Nh
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 15

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar as large images. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 15

Hi @Naomi6 

There is no other way that you can contact me direct, other than PMs. Please request that TalkTalk enabled them for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello yes I’m dyslexic so I have trouble understanding things so am looking for simple answer 

Nh
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 15

@Naomi6  my post (#2) in this thread has the link with detailed instructions on how to split the SSIDs

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Heya is there another way I can find and contact you?

Nh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 15

It seems that you do not have PMs enabled as yet, please request in your reply that TalkTalk enable them for you. Once enabled (possibly Monday now), then I can PM you. I do not disclose my email address in this public forum, sorry.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Please do do you already have my details?

Nh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 15

I will PM you some details.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hello yes do you have an email I can get back to you on ? To make it easier 

Nh
0 Likes

Naomi6
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 15

Heya sorry I can only put it on the top, I have a chromebook I can do the diagnostics with is there an email I can email you on which would be easier 

Nh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 15

If you would like to answer my post I can guide you every step of the way, providing your console has a web browser? You will also probably need a smartphone or WiFi connected PC for some of the diagnostics.

Keith

0 Likes

Naomi6
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 15

Heya how would I split those as I’m not a computer nerd lmao it’s really confusing is there a step by step I can do On the console 

Nh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Or there is WiFi interference.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using, there is a label on the rear of the router that will identify this? On the WiFi hubs, this is located behind the removable small plastic panel

Keith

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

Does the router SSID come up on other WiFi devices in the same location as the PS4 ?

Suggest you split the WiFi SSIDs and see what happens.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Split-your-router-s-SSID-wireless-network-name/ta-p/230...

Whilst logged in to the router dashboard check both the 2.4 and 5 GHz SSIDs are active.

Check both SSIDs are visible on another (dual band) device.

If your PS4 still cannot see the renamed SSIDs then it is either too far from the router or faulty.

0 Likes