FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone password

MRPSENIOR
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

How many characters in a telephone password. TT sent a mail with Your contact password is PW: xxxx.

Is it PW colon space xxxx stop? Or just the xxxx ( not the actual characters!!)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi MRPSENIOR 

The email confirms that the Telephone Enquiry Password that's been set up for you is

PW: xxxx

You cannot change the Telephone Enquiry Password in your MyAccount so if you wish to set it up as a memorable word unique for you then you'll need to ask a Customer Service agent to change the password.

Best way is to sign in to your MyAccount tomorrow and ask an agent via LiveChat.  Select the green help tab on the right of the page (select Bills & Payments on the toolbar first if the Help tab is not there) then there'll be an option to Talk to a TalkTalk advisor.

That's if you decide to change the password. Or because you can get a reminder via MyAccount and your billing email address you could just memorise PW: xxxx

Entirely your choice but I'd recommend changing to your choice of memorable word.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

This is the exact email as received ( apart from the 4 kisses !)

I cant ever remember setting it up, let alone using xxxx, or PW:.

You suggest re-setting it!! But there is no mechanism in MyAccount.

Your contact enquiry password

Your contact password is PW: xxxx.

This will make it easier to identify you when you contact us, either via live chat or over the phone.

The content of this email contains personal information concerning your account. As good security practice, we recommend you memorise or securely store the password and then delete this email from your 'Inbox' and 'Trash' folder.

Remember, you can save time and stay in control with My Account where you can manage your bills, make secure payments and more.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @MRPSENIOR 

It's just the xxxx

PS that's not 4 kisses... it's just representing the actual telephone enquiry password!  You normally set up your password via MyAccount and then you can have a reminder of that password sent at any time to your billing email mailbox using the Forgotten Password? link.

The form of the automated email isn't quite how you've described it though.  The email should address you by name and then:

Your contact enquiry password

Your contact password is xxxx.

This will make it easier to identify you when you contact us, either via live chat or over the phone.

Setting up your telephone password 

Was the email reminder requested by you?  Did you set up the password as PW: xxxx  - if you did or someone else did then the password is PW: xxxx - which in my opinion needs changing to a memorable word so that you can readily give the required characters when asked.

i.e. if they ask for characters 2 and 3 and are setting up customers in the same manner then the response is always W: - not exactly very secure.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes