FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible internet Fiber 35 Evening ONLY...

gurung
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

It's been almost 4 weeks and I feel like I am battling on my own. Recently switched to Fiber 35. The internet is unbelievably slow. It's like those is Dial up era - 0.25MBPS download but strangely enough 6MBPS upload. And this only happens in the evening after 7PM going downhill from 5 MBps download to terrible 0.25 MBps after 10PM. A 6MBPS upload  is a very good sign of perfect  connection which again customer service agents tends to ignore when I point out the fact. 

Had couple of lengthy chats during the day  and they have no idea what's going on. I don't blame them cause during the day the connection is absolutely fine infact about 25 MBPS on download during the day.  Also if the connection setups fault why would it be good during the day and be terrible during the evening every day of the week. 

Chat session is like a loop starting the same thing over , where they check internet status, speed , connect - disconnect dance , router reset etc etc and I am told o get back when internet is down. It's now 11:00 pm which is when the problem is at its peak. It's every eveing. There's noone in chat session and I am using my mobile data to open this portal. 

I believe this problem is bigger than what customer support can take of. Where is the internet ?? Has it all been diverted to the customers who is paying for 4K streaming and we are left to suffer? 

At this point of time I am begging for 5Mbps download rather than the 25 MBPS across all times. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion, please ignore my last post. Please can you run some more wired speed tests of an evening when the speed drops using the TalkTalk Speed Tester so we can see the drop in speed and we can pass this over to our Network Team to take a look.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

What hub do you currently have?

I take it you've gone through all standard troubleshooting so I won't bore you with that.

If you ensure your profile is filled in with details such as Home telephone number etc and a member of staff will pick this up and assist accordingly.

Just a matter of interest in the evenings when the speed nose dives have you tried a Line test in service centre to see if there's anything obvious for it to pick up?

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!