FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The engineer is missing

Emilia2639
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I was told to stay at home at the 26th of August 2021 between the hours of 13:00 and 18:00. 

The engineer is silent , absolutely no one showed up still waiting it's already 8 pm, no message through mail or text. obviously being at home the whole day waiting with no contact or any information have waisted my whole day sitting downstairs waiting from 9am , I'm quite shocked that there is no information and the contact with the talktalk team doesn't operate after 4 PM. 

I'm writing this as a record so I don't get scammed by this company I hope they can come out and explain what happen because this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KrystalineD
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

I'm just a customer, but have also recently experienced a "no show" by an openreach engineer. 

I'd ordered an upgrade to Future Fibre FTTP, I'd selected an appointment day and slot and the TalkTalk agent confirmed the 13:00 - 18:00 time slot and date. 

After waiting all day without a visit from an engineer, i contacted TalkTalk and discovered that the order hadn't transferred from one system to another correctly so it was cancelled. 

After a number of attempts to place the order again, when it was a successful order and the appointment confirmed by TalkTalk, i then received text message updates directly from Openreach over the week prior to the scheduled appointment which confirmed all the details and gave the option to rearrange the appointment of needed. 

If you're not receiving messages from Openreach, it could suggest that you don't have an active/pending order with TalkTalk and you'll need to reorder.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

I don't work for TalkTalk, I'm just a customer.

Update your community profile with your account & contact info so TT team members can help you.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi Emilia2639,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Emilia2639,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

The live chat would have been open until 9pm (but can be very busy in the evenings), the telephone support team (0345 172 0088) are there until 7pm.

0 Likes