FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are clearly issues but Talktalk can't seem to work it out?

johnh876
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

As countless others have posted in here and on the broadband forum there is clearly an issue with the service. My internet has been dropping out every few minutes since Sunday evening at around 8pm. There is even a post on a local FB group in Thundersley, Essex about constant outages. The router drops out, flashes orange, will work for a short while then drop out again.

Talking to support has been painful.I tried calling but you can't speak to a real person. An automated system does checks which is absolutely pointless, I don't have a landline to plug in to test.

I then tried the live chat. 2-3 minutes for every reply then I got cut off...twice!  So then I had to resort to their Facebook page where I just get sent a generic link to check the line again!!! Finally someone on did reply but all they are doing is sending me a filter to test another socket. This is clearly a wider network issue. 

Can we please get some clarification on this? I'm trying to run a business and I'm having to use my mobile data to connect to the internet. 

I was with vodafone for 18 months and never had these issues. 

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
Hi Karl,

Yes that’s great thanks. I did receive an email an hour ago to book in an appointment but if you’ve already done it that is great

Thanks for your help. 
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi John

Engineer has been looking at this today, and there is potential damage to the drop wire caused by trees.  Engineer needs appointment to come to the house.  I've booked in Tomorrow (Saturday) AM 8-1, is that ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Can I get an update on this please? I still have no internet. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hello Karl,

Unfortunately it is still not working. The router is flashing orange. Was there an update from openreach?

thanks

john 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi johnh876

A line test is now showing a possible issue with a copper joint. I've logged a fault to Openreach to have them take a look.

Check back in 24hrs and we can see if they have an update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi,

It is hardwired in and it's been in use since I installed it over 5 years ago. Never had an issue and no damage as I've checked the cable as this was my first thought. 

I've always managed D/L speeds of over 60mbps with Vodafone and now talktalk, but since Sunday it drops in and out constantly and even when connected the speeds are far slower than usual. The reason why I think it is an issue somewhere else is because of numerous  people in my town complaining about the same issue on a local FB page. It seems odd that we would all generate faults at the same time.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 14

@johnh876 

How is the other socket connected to the main socket in your home ?

If it is hardwired could the cable or the second socket have been accidentally damaged ?

Extensions sockets rarely perform as well as the first socket in the home and if your main socket does not have a filtered faceplate then any extension needs a microfilter if equipment is connected.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Michelle,

Apologies for my abrupt post, it was a long day yesterday. Thanks for checking this for me, when I spoke to live chat they said they couldn't detect any faults so at least I know there is some sort of issue now.

Unfortunately I don't have a test socket in the property. However, I am waiting for a microfilter to arrive in the post so I can check the other socket in the house. I also noticed since these problems began my dashboard hasn't been able to detect my router as a talktalk router anymore. I'm not sure if this has any relevance? 

Thanks

John

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue and also a loop fault. Does your main socket have a test socket? Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket please so we can re-run the line test again?

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue and also a loop fault. Does your main socket have a test socket? Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket please so we can re-run the line test again?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

OK, there are general issues from time to time, you can check on those via Service Status. If there is nothing showing in your area then you may have a problem on your own connection. Things do go wrong from time to time and that is usually why people come looking here for support. The forums do not generally attract people saying yep, everything is just fine.  🙂

Your topic has been flagged up to the support team and they will respond as soon as they can.

0 Likes

johnh876
First Timer
Message 12 of 14

Thanks but I don't have a business service. Like most people I also require an internet connection at home. This sometimes involves dealing with emails or issues outside of the office. I shouldn't have to use my mobile data when I have a fibre service that I pay good money for.

My original point still stands, there are ongoing issues in parts of the country and for some reason they are unable to collate this information and establish that. I have never experienced such a poor customer service interface and the fact that I can't even speak to a real person on a phone is shocking in my opinion. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

If you have a business service then you should contact TalkTalk Business directly, this community is for residential customers only.