FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throughput Speed Drop

graemesteed
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hello, a couple of days ago Openreach were replacing the telephone pole located outside of my property. Upon checking my broadband connection today, I have noticed that my sync speed had dropped slightly from 40mb down to around 35mb.

I have always maintained a constant 40mb sync rate since I took fibre broadband out.

A slight drop in sync would normally not concern me but I have noticed that my throughput speeds have dropped right down to around 15mb. Again, normally I would be able to pull through the maximum 40mb without any issues.

I have removed all equipment from the line and connected a landline to the test socket and there is a working dial tone with no noise present on the line.

My usual setup is as follows:

1 router connected to a filter directly into the master socket faceplate, no telephones or external equipment are attached.

What I have done now:

removed the master socket faceplate and replaced the filter and RJ-45 cable with new ones so that I currently have a direct connection to the test socket with a brand new filter, a brand new RJ-45 connected directly to my current router.

I do not have an alternative router to test.

I have left the setup like this so that hopefully you can investigate and see if there are any issues being flagged up from the line test.

Telephone and alternative numbers are included in my profile.

Please can you investigate further?

Regards,

Graeme

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Graeme

Apologies for the delay.

Has the speed increased?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I powered down the router for 30 minutes a few days ago and left it connected to the test socket.

It has remained in sync for the 3 days at 35mbs.

I have checked the speed today and it was back in line with the sync rate.

Thanks for taking a look at this and performing the line test and confirming no issues on the line.

Regards,

Graeme 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Graeme

I'm sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 35mb.

Would it be possible to power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs so we can see if DLM starts to make changes to the line profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @graemesteed your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I would like to think that DLM will edge you back up  to where you were, Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this, if and when you feel like it.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.