FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to disable remote managment on DG8041W

mdeloughry
Participant
Message 7 of 7

I've recently signed up for DuckDNS to be able to access an internal server remotely, however, I've noticed that Port 80 and 443 are open and direct straight to my router, I'm wondering if it's possible on the DG8041W to disable port 80 and 443 as I really don't want the default access to the domain to land on my router login page.

Can someone please advise on how I can redirect the ports to another service on my router, as trying port forward I just get a 'conflict with internal service port' error Or even better advice on how to just disable remote management?

Many thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Matt

I'm sorry for the delay.

The Sagemcom hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Is there any update on this? I've not received the item or had any notifications regarding this?

Thanks
Matt

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi mdeloughry

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you the Sagemcom hub.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Sure that would be brilliant if I can lock down the ports I would jump at the chance of a new router! Thank you!

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi mdeloughry

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Thanks Keith 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

This is a problem with the current firmware version of the DG8041W, which I highlighted to the developers some while ago. Your best bet is to request a swap to the Sagemcom FAST 5364 WiFi hub (same basic specification), as you can forward these ports on that router. You will need to ask the TalkTalk support people on this forum if you want to go ahead with this.

Neither WiFi hub's inbuilt DDNS client supports DuckDNS currently (I have asked for it). You would need to use their DDNS client running on this server of yours 24/7. DuckDNS did use to work via the DNS proxy dns-o-matic, but that seems to have stopped working now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?