FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to renew is proving ridiculous

hellzbellz
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

My account ends on the 10th of this month I have been trying to renew my contract for almost a week without success .when I try online it only offers me a package that has the TV option which I don't want but I can't remove it from the offer .I have now tried 4 times to speak to a customer service agent using online chat and everytime the advisor just stops replying and ends the chat !! Infuriating  ! Iv been with talktalk over 11 years and none of this is encouraging me to stay with you  

Iv been paying for 65mbps all this time only to be told I can only get speeds up to 18mpbs so why haven't I been put on a lower package such as fibre35 . All I want to do is renew my contract to fibre35   can someone ....anyone please help 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

As others have said, the best way to negotiate a good renewal deal is to phone the Loyalty Team.

When calling, I have found the easiest route is to say "Loyalty Team" when asked to state the reason for your call to get straight through to them.

0 Likes

hellzbellz
Team Player
Message 2 of 5

I tried again and they were in the process of offering me a deal on fibre35 .only to then end the chat again .5 times ! I'm starting to think they want my contract to end just so they can charge me an extra cost as they certainly aren't doing a thing to encourage me to stay .I will call them in the morning ,if I still get nowhere I will go elsewhere .customer service is an issue with talktalk 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

@hellzbellz, follow Ferguson's advice - the reason for Chat not doing it is that they can't process renewals any more, anyway, with or without the TV charge. 

I agree that it would be better if they gave you a courteous explanation so that you didn't have to keep wasting time trying again!

Sometimes staff on here remove the stubborn TV charge after the event, especially if you have recorded the problem on here first.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

The best way to renew is by speaking directly to the customer loyalty team, give them a call on 0345 172 0046. 

0 Likes