FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two very different services

TeeDubb
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I have two independent TT lines in my home. One has had provided a fibre service for many years at 31mb down and 6 mb up which is very good for my location and distance to the cabinet.

However I have recently upgraded my second line with an ADSL service to fibre. After 12 days the line has stabilised at 21 mb down and 4 mb up. I can see the download SNR is being pushed hard at 4db but it is stable. Ping on second line is good at 9ms compared to my first (faster line) which has 15ms.  My question is should the second line be offering a connection of roughly similar performance to my first line or do I have to push for a new pair? (TT line test shows no faults)

Thanks in advance.

TeeDubb
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi TeeDubb,

I'm sorry for the delay. Please can you confirm in the Private Notes section of your Community Profile which of the lines is experiencing the slower speeds please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @TeeDubb,

I guess there is no guarantee that both of your phone lines take exactly the same route to the cabinet and so may not be the same length, also just slight variations in line quality (i.e. due to minor damage) can significantly affect sync speeds.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (the one with the speed issue) & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.