FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPLOAD Mbps

Faai_TT
First Timer
Message 11 of 11
  • Faai_TT_0-1621096355422.png

Good day.. I would like to know if it is possible to increase the upload speed? Is it possible to increase it? Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

According to this site, the only product that is symmetric is their UFO product sold in York and a few other areas, the other FTTP products (Data Only) via the Openreach network appears to be capped.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/talktalk-broadband-review

TT AV.jpg

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

A somewhat extreme suggestion @martswain, but I am sure we will all bear it in mind.  😃

Message 3 of 11

Move to Thailand !

When I get back there my FTTP connection is 500/500 for £14.75 a month.

They also have a crafty TOGGLE ability as per the picture below.

AIS toggle.jpg

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Only with direct Fibre to the property. Hybrid products such as FTTC are by definition asymmetrical, with the emphasis on the downstream side. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11
Is it possible to get a package where download and upload speed same?
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

@martswain Great minds and teamwork, you beat me to it with the initial reply!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@ferguson , you beat me to it again !

Message 8 of 11

Bearing in mind that the absolute maximum is 20Mbps sync if you happened to be right on top of the fibre cabinet with a concomitant drop off in throughput then it looks as good as you can get. 

Message 9 of 11
  • Faai_TT_0-1621097872446.png

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

What product do you have ?

Please post your upload and download line rates along with the noise margins, you will find these by logging in to your router dashboard and then going to DSL information.

0 Likes