FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrafast now available in my area

djbdane
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 4

I've had a few emails and texts this week telling me Talk Talk have upgraded their network and now I login to my account there is a message with a phone number to call to upgrade.

Has anyone else done this - and are they open to you trying to get a deal if you upgrade?

I'm in two minds really as I get very good speeds on my existing Fibre 65 deal (sync at 80/20) and get 75 down and 20 up - so not too sure if I would really benefit from or notice the speed increase.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 1 of 4

Only you can make the decision on what's right for you, but personally if I was getting the full 80/20 on Fibre65 and the service was reliable, there's no way on earth that I would be upgrading to full fibre unless I was forced to.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 4

Future Fibre should in theory be more reliable than anything over the crappy old UK phone lines.

However, moving to FF does mean that you lose your landline and TT do not currently offer a VoIP service to replace it, although I believe it is being trialed with some customers.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

TalkTalk are upgrading to FTTP widely, using the network services of different providers. Confusingly they have different product names. Bear in mind the key difference with Openreach Future Fibre services is that they are data only at present and you will lose your landline. If you are happy with your existing service then there is no reason to switch, but if you call the number provided they should be able to answer any other questions you have and clarify precisely which services are available. 

0 Likes