FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stream NOW TV or Prime Video

MrMiranda
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

A couple of days ago we were having connectivity problems and we reset our Talk Talk router, this did solve our connectivity issue, however since the reset we have been unable to access streaming services such at NOW TV or Prime Video. We contacted TalkTalk and they were unable to resolve the issue for us. 

Our streaming services won't work as they seem to think we are using a VPN. We have not set up a VPN or proxy server. I can use the streaming services no problem with 4G and the wifi at the supermarket across the road from us, but as soon as I try playing anything in the house is won't due to the following error message "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to amazon.co.uk/vpn."

or with NOW TV "VPN Access Restricted". 

These messages appear no matter what device/ laptop/ smart tv is connected to our TalkTalk router.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Kieran

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie

The Router arrived and that has immediately fixed the problem. Sending the old Router back now. Thank you so much for all your help!

kieran

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Kieran

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12
Hi Debbie Yes please, if it will hopefully solve our problem. Thanks Kieran
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Kieran

Thanks for testing this. Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie 

I just did the factory reset, but the problem still persists.

Thanks

Kieran

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi MrMiranda

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you try factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds? If you are still experiencing this issue following this then we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Debbie

Thank you for offering to help. 

I just connected my computer via ethernet and unfortunately I am still having the same problem.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi MrMiranda

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

Your router has the latest firmware version. I have also completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the sync speed looks good.

Does this issue also occur if you connect your device wired?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12
Updated Profile
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

MrMiranda

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes