FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade from fast broadband to Fibre

moodyewan
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I have been having issues trying to sort my broadband

Talktalk – Fast Broadband -My current broadband speed is 8mb download and 0.6mb upload

Im using a Draytek 2860n

My Mother lives next door ( literally 20 feet from my house

She is with Talktalk too but is able to get Fast Fibre - she gets 20mb Download and 2mb upload

From Magenta.com I can see we are both the same distance from the Cabinet P9 

My house and my mothers house both come off the same pole and we are both connected to cabinet P9.

Recent correspondence with Openreach ( see email below) provided me with my NAD code  and told me that FTTC is available ( see email below )

“Hi Ewan,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems ordering.

Each property has a golden key called a NAD Key yours is ************ you can try quoting this it may help.

Your address has now updated on our systems and fibre to the cabinet is now available to order.  Please contact your service provider.

Still not able to order via talktalk

I have also been in contact with Andrews & Arnold

They responded as below

"It is showing as available, speeds are not great but its available

What is odd though is that a check against your address does not show that you have service with any provider currently.

This is probably why their systems don't allow them to order FTTC but they should know this.

TT would need to get Openreach to update their records show that you do currently have a working service

We could order a new line as there appears to be spare pairs from the DP

If TT did manage to get the records updated you could migrate the existing service to us but we can't migrate the existing phone number over and you would loose the ability to make calls as all or lines are broadband only.

Hope that helps."

I wish to stay with Talktalk but if they cannot resolve the issue i will need to move to another supplier

Who do i contact with this broadband issue

I need Talktalk to update their info on me and then allow me to upgrade to FTTC

Moodyewan
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi moodyewan

I can see that you have now placed an order for fibre, order progressing for 31/08. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9
Thanks Martin, How can i find out which ISP have availability at the cabinet? Do i have to approach each one?
Moodyewan
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Arne

Can you advise who i can speak to with regards to the FFTC mentioned in our previous discussion. Thats 3 independant providers confirmed that i can get FTTC but Talktalk stills says no. Openreach have confirmed 6 pairs are still available at cabinet. I realise Talktalk may have no availability but if they have none i will need to more ISP.

Thanks

Ewan

Moodyewan
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

HI Arne did you grt my Private message?

Thanks

MoodyEwan

Moodyewan
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi @moodyewan

At the moment fibre isn't available, however Can you PM me your full address please and we will  do a check to ensure that its is upto date .  

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Martin

I have looked up my number on Magenta.com and i have posted in the info on the attached pdf.

I know that FTTC is available from other suppliers, and the Cabinet is P9

I know my mother next door is connected with FTTC and she is connected to same cabinet and Line comes off same pole

Openreach have given me my NAD number and also confirmed that they have updated their records and confirmed the FTTC is availble to order.

I just cant seem to get Talktalk to acknowledge this, Im either speaking to the wrong people ( I get through to tech support and they keep wanting to send me a new router as the Draytek is not one of their approved ones!! ) 

Andrews & Arnold have confirmed 

"It is showing as available, speeds are not great but its available.

What is odd though is that a check against your address does not show that you have service with any provider currently.

This is probably why their systems don't allow them to order FTTC but they should know this.

TT would need to get Openreach to update their records show that you do currently have a working service"

Im sure its all a clerical error, i would rather it was sorted rather than having to change ISP etc

Appreciate all your help

Thanks

Ewan

Moodyewan
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

@moodyewan 

You are not connected to any cabinet on Fast Broadband, your line goes to the exchange on ADSL.

You could be up against two issues.

Firstly, you address may not be correct on the database and the OCE who replies can check this for you.

Secondly, if your address is correct but the upgrade is not available in your online account, that probably means that as TT only have a limited allocation of lines in the BTOR cabinet they are all in use.

Unfortunately, if that's the case your only option if you want fibre is to move to another ISP that still has lines for sale in the cabinet, there is no trading of availability of lines, each company has a fixed number they have "rented".

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You need to complete your community forum profile details,  @moodyewan, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff will reply from Monday onwards. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes