FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Network HELP!

pinksparklegirl
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

I hope someone can help! I recently bought a VR2800 for use with TalkTalk Broadband, which worked fine. I was then upgraded to Fibre and couldn't get it to connect at all. After several hours of fannying around I gave up and plugged in the free TalkTalk model.

I decided to give it another go this morning to see if I could find the issue. I couldn't so plugged back in the TalkTalk device. However, now I cannot access the internet at all from my PC. The modem is working fine, as I can connect via wireless, but my PC Win7 can't connect at all. I have an "unidentified network", "Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration" issue, which I have been unable to fix using all the advice found online. I have even tried a system restore with no joy.

What has happened? Why did plugging in the VR2800 to my PC cause the network settings to get screwed? How do I fix it? And once I have, how do I get the VR2800 to work?

Thanks you for any help given!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Glad you have been able to get this working again.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

pinksparklegirl
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 4

After some more to and fro-ing between routers and PC/laptop I have finally got both devices to work. The network issue on the TalkTalk device was caused by the lead to the PC of all things (the clip broke with all the movement and must have dropped out slightly). The new router needed setting up again via its webpage, but the usual IP 192. etc would not connect. I finally found a working address and am all back up and running again!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

There can be many causes for this type of issue.

On the windows PC,  press Start then RUN, in the box type the command CMD and press 'enter'.

When the command window appears, type the command IPCONFIG and press 'enter'.

Look at the result for the IPv4 address.  Does it begin with 169.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes