FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreceived Router.

JasonTT
Team Player
Message 53 of 53

Hi.

I've recently upgraded to Fibre 65 and was told I would be sent a new Router.

I have not yet received the Router. The Engineers arrived on the 14th of October and fitted the Fibre equipment. After asking me for the Router I told them I had not received it and they informed me that I should have received it "well before" they arrived.

I immediately called the TalkTalk helpline after they had left where I was told that my actual Go Live Date was "supposed" to be the 16th and that I could receive the Router any day up to that point. It is now the 18th of October and I have still not received the Router. 

This is completely unacceptable. The Engineers were here 4 days ago and I still have no Router. It's pretty clear that the Router is either lost or more likely it was never actually ordered. I have also not received the welcome pack that I was told to expect by mail as well.

I've been a TalkTalk customer for 10 years now. I want this resolved quickly or I'll be looking for a new provider. 

J.H
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Hello,

I've included a Help Article below which has a link to the Live Chat Team at the bottom of the page,

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Where do i find this FTTP team?

J.H
0 Likes

Message 3 of 53

Hi

Networks have emailed me back. All is ok. Your account was showing fibre (FTTC), so was not sure if something was set up incorrectly, but they advise you are setup on FTTP correctly.

I'm not sure why the new router will not sync, but as you are on FTTP, we cannot perform any diagnostics, we have no access to these systems as yet, so I would advise you give the FTTP Team a and ask they run a Service Test on your line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

Thanks Karl.

Hopefully its an easy fix. 

J.H
0 Likes

Message 5 of 53

Hi

Know, thats ok, I've asked they have a look at the account setup on our side across our network platform.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 53

Would you like me to wait half an hour and put the new router back in? In case they need to run any tests on it or anything? 

J.H
0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

Hi,

I've escalated this over to Networks to take a look as there is something strange about this case.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 53

Yes, before I plugged the New Router in last night I'd unplugged the old one for almost an hour prior.

Then it was left overnight and nothing but Amber / White flashing. 

J.H
0 Likes

Message 9 of 53

Hi

When swapping over the router, have you also tried leaving the router disconnected for 30 minutes to allow the session to end.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 53

The old router that will connect is the TalkTalk Super Router HG635.

The new router that will not connect is the Sagemcom FAST 5364.

I've tried the new router overnight again, from about 10 oclock last night to just now. Again, no solid white light, just endless Amber / White blinking.

The old router is currently plugged in.

J.H
0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, what is the make and model of router that will connect and also the one that won't connect please?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 53

OK, sorry to see that, worth a shot eh? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

Thanks for the suggestion Ferguson but unfortunately it didnt work. 

I did the factory reset just fine. Lights flashed and it returned to the Amber light then went to the flashing Amber / White light. Left it for about an hour and no change. Just flashing Amber / White. 

I've obviously put the old Router back in. 

J.H

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 53

Either way shouldn't matter, as long as the power is on and the lights start flashing to show it is connected to some degree. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 53

Will do.

Should i just plug the router in to do the pinhole reset or should i fully hook it up to the box and then do it? 

Just wanna make sure. Ive never had to pinhole reset a router before lol.

J.H
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 16 of 53

This may seem daft with a new router, but try a pinhole reset and give it another go. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 53

The new Router did not connect. I've left it nearly three hours now. Just blinking Amber / White but not going solid White. 

I've had to switch back to the old one again to reply.

And yes, all the cables were correct. I double checked every time.

J.H
0 Likes

Message 18 of 53

Hi JasonTT,

If the new router hasn't connected to the internet then you can swap back to the old one bit could you just confirm first that all the cable are in the correct ports

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 53
0 Likes

Message 20 of 53

Im going to plug it in now.

It should be on within about a minute or two of the time of posting this message.

J.H
0 Likes