FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Fibre Broadband

pjj4263
Team Player
Message 31 of 31

For weeks now my broadband hasbeen extremely unstable. I should be getting around 25 mb per sec download speeds but this at times is down to 2mb per sec. It fluctuates and is not stable and is far worse during busy periods. I believe that Talktalk are throttling the service as when I test it early in the morning or late at night it works fine. Sadly I have another six months before the contract ends and I can move over to a different company. Having been with Talktalk for years, I find very sad and they seem totally inept in trying to sort this out. Totally sick of buffering and drop outs of service

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Hi.

My broadband connection is still dropping out at times. I would like this to be tested to identify a fault and corrected by an engineer

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi pjj4263,

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Can you let me know what you are doing please?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

I have been carrying out speed tests at various times to see if there is a pattern. Early morning and late evening I consistently get 22/23 mbps and very stable. Late afternoon and early evening when your network is busy it goes very unstable and can drop to less than 1mbps and I get buffering when using catch up tv for streaming etc.  

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Hi. I have tried two different cordless phones and the line sounds the same whether the modem is plugged in or not.

As we hardly ever use our landline phone, it is very difficult to hear additional noise  as we use our mobile phones because those call are free.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Hi pjj4263

Do you have 2 different cordless phones to test with? If you remove the router from the line is the noise still present?

Thank

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

Hi.

Sorry but haven't got a corded handset to test the line. We very rarely use our phone as you can see from our call logs

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi pjj4263

Thanks for your reply.

Noise on the line can affect the BB connection so we have to investigate this first.

Is the noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

Hi.

I have been testing using wired connections to my router and it has been unstable. There is crackling / noise on the line when using the phone. My router is currently plugged in.

Thank you for assistance in sorting this out.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 31

Hi pjj4263

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service.

Are you experiencing any noise on the line when making calls?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes