FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable connection

globeregister
Participant
Message 25 of 25

Hi Guys,

I have had a issue with my internet loosing sync every few hours  or so for a while now. I did chat to someone before (sorry cant find forum details) and had a new router sent which did not resolve the issue. An engineer was then booked to look at the problem but I had to cancel this as our household had to isolate.  I'm still having connection issues and the status website is now showing a fault on the line. Please can you look into this for me? 

globeregister_1-1633606550565.png

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Afternoon,

Ok thank you for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi Michelle, 

My electric went off over the weekend so it didn’t really give a good representation. I’ll come back over the next few days and let you know how it’s getting on. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hello,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see a few re-connections on the line but they have reduced since the last number of re-connections. How have you found the stability over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi,

Brilliant thank you. I'll check on Monday morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Yes that is fine. Router will be left on and not touched to see if the connection stabilises a bit.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Morning,

Ok, would it be ok if I check in with you on Monday to see how the stability has been over the weekend with this router? If the connection does continue to drop and all testing has been completed at the test socket with alternative routers then we can arrange an engineer for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Connection is stable since yesterday - uptime 14 hours now. Seems a hard fault to track down this its been ongoing for months now on and off.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a fault towards the property. Can I just confirm, is the connection still stable with the Huawei Wifi Hub connected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Further to this the engineer visit has done nothing and the connection if anything is more unstable. The speed has also started to fall dramatically (see below) previous sync speed was 78mps. It is very windy today and the connection drops more often on a windy day. To my untrained eye this is an outside wiring fault. The connection is on and off again every few minutes today which is useless

globeregister_1-1636644915252.png

Edit: swapped the Huawei router for the Sagemcom and the sync speed is now back up to 80mps and the connection is stable despite the wind being worse outside so im at a bit of a loss here.

globeregister_0-1636648530121.png

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi globeregister

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

globeregister
Participant
Message 11 of 25

Engineer said there may have been a loose connection in the cabinet on the street. I will keep the router on for the foreseeable future and see if the the connection stabilises from now on.  

Message 12 of 25

Hi globeregister

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 25

Hi globeregister

I've just checked again and Openreach have confirmed the appointment for 13/10 AM.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

globeregister
Participant
Message 14 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Sorry can I just confirm the engineer appointment is booked ok for tomorrow? Reason being I have had no confirmation text or email like usually comes though. I am wary the same thing is happening as with the earlier appointment after getting nothing for that and it needed to be rearranged.

Thanks so much.

Message 15 of 25

Hi globeregister

No problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 16 of 25

Ok Debbie that's great thanks for that. 

Message 17 of 25

Hi globeregister

Thanks for confirming your details.

Apologies that the engineer wasn't already arranged. I have now booked the first AM appointment - 13/10 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 18 of 25

Debbie - private message sent and details confirmed.

Talk Talk sent me a text message about this on Saturday and I did try to book an engineer using the automated phone system however no text confirmation of this came. Please can you check this is not going to be double booked? I would not like to have additional charges!

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi globeregister

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi globeregister

I will continue to monitor this for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes