FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on new router

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I cannot find my previous exchange of posts with OCE Chris as the mail link on my icon is still not showing a more recent post of mine since last July. On Saturday 6th I received the replacement router as promised and on Thursday 11th my IT man installed it and linked it to the several items I require it to support. Here is the update Chris that you asked for: I have had no broken connection since the new router was installed. Reading the correspondence here, I note that the average life of a router that is always on with fibre broadband seems to be about two or three years. My IT man says the same. Can you give me your opinion please? I now have two old routers and will return the older one to you if you will send me the appropriate envelope. Thank you.

Pal353
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Many thanks Chris.

Pal353
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Pal353,

Glad to hear that the new router seems to have resolved the problem. I don't know about life expectancy of a router, I've had my current router for at least 3 years and would probably expect it to last indefinitely

I'll arrange to send a returns bag for your router 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Pal353
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for the above advice. I now have five messages showing in my icon. Is there a time scale for sorting out this comparatively minor problem?

Pal353
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Your thread is here, @Pal353:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Unreliable-internet-connection/m-p/2829556#M349001

Just click on your own name in any post, or your profile picture, and you'll get through to your profile area. 

Click on the ACTIVITY tab to keep track of your posts.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes