FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating talktalk hub

clong
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

Is there a way to force the firmware update of the hub? Phone support suggested there was a button in the web UI but it requires a file to upload....

Current version is SG4K10001400t and my through put seems to be ~80Mbits rather than the 500+ i should get. (I get alot more with a 3rd party router)

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi clong,

I'd give them another try as the router needs to be updated remotely

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks Michelle, this is the team I started with who said to look for an update option in the router UI - but it needs a file uploaded locally.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I'd recommend contacting our Future Fibre Team below via Live Chat.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

I have no landline number any more as this is the data-only future fibre connection....

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi clong

I can check this for you. Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

As an extra comment.  If this is a newish change, Then first power off router for a full 35 mins. Then power back on.  This will create a new network profile for your service.  Latest firmware at moment is 2816t, but you will get same response from network following my suggestion.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @clong,

There is no way you can update the firmware yourself, if this is a new router the firmware will probably update automatically overnight within a few nights of the router being connected. Alternatively the staff here on the community will be able to push out a firmware update manually if your router is not updating automatically. They will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow to help.