FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgarde to fibre 65 little change

Robinhood89--
Team Player
Message 45 of 45

I  have upgraded to fibre 65 after dying speeds on internet my speeds are supposed to be 67mb on letter , there have been a few faults ( bt dug up the road new cable) all worked a treat for 2 days since then just gets slower and slower and more unstable particularly in evenings, last it could only manage 1.6mb thats not 16 but 1.6mb to day its upto 52mb , service centre says my router is 66mb ( we can only dream) last night at midnight lol, unless this gets fixed ill probably cancel contract and go back to the way it was which wasnt much difference at all , The bizarre thing is it worked great for 2 days, nothing changed?? I also have old same router huawi, im supposed to be able to run 5 devices , impossible. 

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

I've checked the connection stats again and your line is in sync at 59.1mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for the line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 45

Hello , thank you for reply..

I have just turned off the new router for 45 minutes and just completed the speed test .

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

53.3 Mbps

Your average download speed

9.5 Mbps

Your average upload speed

Not happy with these speeds?

There was no change at all , identical result as previously 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you try a 30 minute power down of the new router and then run another wired speed test?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 45

So the new router has arrived after the bank holiday ,

I have tried various locations and computers and connections.

All speed tests were wired .

The new router has a lot better wifi .

The last tests was using laptop new router plugged direct into master test socket new cables new micro filter.

Results 

1/        54.5mbps   16ms  9mbps 

2/        54.4 mbps   16ms  0.5 mbps

3/       51.2 mbps    16ms 1.3 mbps

4/       54.5mbps   16ms   2.0 mbps

5/     54.6  mbps  16ms    10.3 mbps                                                                                             6/     54.2 mbs   16ms       3.4  mbps.

There is no difference in speeds between main computer and laptop . 

All tests were 5 mins apart all out of master test socket with the entire house phones and wiring unplugged and disconnected .

This your service centre results ; 

Robinhood89--_0-1620475548537.png

Speed to your router
58 Mbps
download
(As measured yesterday)
Robinhood89--_1-1620475548526.png

Speed to your device
54 Mbps
download
10 Mbps
upload
I have tried everything and it is still not working correctly .

0 Likes

Message 5 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 45

Thank you .

Message 7 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 45

Hello yes please thanks .

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 45

Hi Robinhood,

Ok thanks for confirming. As the line test is clear and the sync speed still looks consistent then I think we should send a different router for testing purposes to rule this out. Would this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 45

Hello , no I have not had a different router to test .

I have moved the router and plugged direct into the test socket once with a lap top and with my normal computer both had the same readings for speed identical and that was with a wired connection, I cannot really use the linked mobile to the internet over wifi the phone mobile will ring but conversation is impossible and get cut off  .

I have to say your service centre diagnostics did make the open reach engineer laugh, as my broad band was working but my phone was cut off , the service centre was coming back with no fault, even though they were digging up the road and I had no phone line. 

This has now been going on since January when I hoped to be upgraded , I understand I have been  given a refund for when the phone was cut off in January, (8days after my contract was supposed to start) bizarrely with phone broken and not connected , just my internet connected i had speeds of 78mbps and very impressed for two days, as soon as the phone line was reconnected , speeds plummeted, this is todays reading 

All done!

9.1 Mbps

6.8 Mbps

This actually slower than before the upgrade.

I have been incredibly patient with this ongoing fault , if something is done I will be making a formal complaint .  

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 45

Hi Robinhood,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is clear. The sync speed looks very consistent and the connection also looks stable. I've just re-read back through your topic, however I couldn't see if you've ever tested with a different router? (Apologies if I missed this) 

Can I also just check, are the speeds low on 2 different wired devices? If you run a wireless speed test at the same time is this also slow?

If this has already been checked then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 45

@Robinhood89--, they offered to send an engineer, and this may well be the only way forward. It's worth taking a look at the potential cost of an engineer, explained here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

I'll re-escalate your thread so that it's back in the queue for attention. 

Please look out for their reply in the next day or two - they will need you to respond quite promptly.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 45

this is the state of my superfast broad band tonight time 20.20 27/04/2021

All done!

0.5 Mbps

5.3 Mbps

Visit our fibre page below to compare our fast, reliable fibre packages and see what speeds are available in your area.

can you please fix this !!!!!!! 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--,

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 45

and yes all connections are wired and yes ive even plugged direct in the master test box plug .

0 Likes

Message 16 of 45

This is todays speed test result.

All done!

9.0 Mbps

6.9 Mbps

It would be amazing after months of phone lines and broad band not working at the speeds quoted 67mb and then reduced to 60mb neither of which has been obtained that something could be done thanks .

0 Likes

Message 17 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

I've checked the connection stats again and the sync speed has now increased to 58.5mb.

Did you run a wired or wireless speed test?

Message 18 of 45

Hello , well im being very patient here, as of yet under the contract I have not had the speed , even the new suggested lower speed of 60mb ,

Tonight my internet has failed again here is the speed test;

All done!

2.1 MbpsYour average download speed 7.0 MbpsYour average upload speed

Visit our fibre page below to compare our fast, reliable fibre packages and see what speeds are available in your area.

Compare our fastest deals

its becoming a bit of a sore point , what exactley am i paying for this was supposed to be an upgrade which hasnt worked properly from day one ?.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 45

Hi Robinhood89--

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 57.5mb.

How has the connection/speed been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 45

Hmm maybe not , slow again .

Your results

See how your broadband speed compares below

Response time (latency)
16 ms

Download speed
50.9 Mbps

Upload speed