FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgarde to fibre 65 little change

Robinhood89--
Team Player
Message 45 of 45

I  have upgraded to fibre 65 after dying speeds on internet my speeds are supposed to be 67mb on letter , there have been a few faults ( bt dug up the road new cable) all worked a treat for 2 days since then just gets slower and slower and more unstable particularly in evenings, last it could only manage 1.6mb thats not 16 but 1.6mb to day its upto 52mb , service centre says my router is 66mb ( we can only dream) last night at midnight lol, unless this gets fixed ill probably cancel contract and go back to the way it was which wasnt much difference at all , The bizarre thing is it worked great for 2 days, nothing changed?? I also have old same router huawi, im supposed to be able to run 5 devices , impossible. 

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 41 of 45

Hi Robinhood,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed is varying and the connection also looks unstable. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

If there is still a fault that is causing your connection to drop regularly then this will have a knock on effect on your speeds.

You can use the 'Run a live connection test' link from the service centre to test your connection for faults.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here will be able to check your connection and router for issues, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Message 43 of 45

Thank you for reply , my internet now keeps dropping out and resetting ; recent test is ;

Check your speed

A two-minute test for your broadband

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

16.2 MbpsYour average download speed 11.0 MbpsYour average upload speed
Not happy with these speeds? 

speed should be 67mb or more , ive treid router reset 30 mins no change and uplugged everything back to test socket with no change , 

Last week bt changed cables in the road as they found some faults, and it did work for 2 days very fast, after that just got slower and slower and now keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, help please.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 44 of 45

Hi @Robinhood89--,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes since you upgraded, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is still a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.