FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade made my speed the same & forced into new contract

jaffy
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I upgraded from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65 but my speed is exactly the same. I have tested it daily and it's the same speed I had on Fibre 35. It has never breached 35Mbs.

I have done a line test and everything is reported as fine. 

I have phoned support to try to reverse and roll back my account to its previous state before the upgrade so I am not on Fibre 65 or on a new 24 month contract ( I was out of contract before the upgrade)

They have refused this, even though technically they are in breach of contract as I am not getting the guaranteed speed.

They said a manger would call in 24-48 hours, but this time has passed so I doubt I will get called.

So I thought I would try here to see if anyone here from TalkTalk  can help resolve this issue as I am not accepting the current situation.

Regards,

Sean

Sean Lock
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speeds have improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

jaffy
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

I managed to reset my router again and the speed has significantly improved.

Thanks Skynet_TX for your help!

Sean Lock

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

When you say rebooting, did you leave it switched off for over 30 minutes ?

Are you running the speed test from a wired or wireless device, it is always best to run it from a wired device to get an accurate result.

If you have a sync speed of 44, then after a +30 minute shutdown you would hope to get speed test results of probably just over 40 on a wired connection, results could vary on wireless depending on your local Wi-Fi environment.

Message 5 of 7

Hi, Skynet_TX,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I look at the speed and its says 44 Mbps. But after rebooting the router, speed tests are still the same.

Thanks again for your help.

Sean Lock
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @jaffy,

If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show the higher speeds that you would be expecting ?

If the sync speeds are showing the higher values that you would expect then try switching your router off for over 30 minutes, this will get you a new session in the street cabinet when you switch it back on, and can often get your throughput speed up to something much closer to your sync speed.

All an upgrade from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65 does is remove the 40mbps cap from your connection, so if your router was not hitting that cap when you were on Fibre 35 then upgrading will have no affect on your speeds. However TalkTalk should only offer you the option to upgrade if they think your line can achieve speeds of well over 40mbps.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes