FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre 65 - no increase!

Golfermad
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Upgraded to fibre 65 speed has stayed at 30mbps

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Hi Golfermad

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 30.9mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
The staff here should be able to pick this up over the next day or two to investigate, if your line is really not capable of speeds well over 40mbps then there is no point being on Fibre 65, but the staff here will be able to check and confirm, the loyalty team should be able to move you back to Fibre 35 if necessary.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

estimated speed is 16-35.Plan shows Fibre 65 and I was allowed to upgrade - I would not have increased my payment and extended my contract if I thought I was going to have no differrence.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@Golfermad,

If your estimated speeds are under 40 then that may well imply the upgrade has not happened, if you log into 'My Account' does it show that you are now on Fibre 65 ?

I am of course assuming that when you upgraded TalkTalk told you that you would get speeds well in excess of 40mbps, they should not have invited you to upgrade to Fibre 65 unless your line was capable of speeds well over 40mbps.

Staff will respond soon to help further.

Message 5 of 10
Thanks 👍

Message 6 of 10

Staff will only reply to the original poster on the help boards, @mattvent. This is to avoid delays in reaching the customer and to avoid confusion. 

So, yes, you must return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

It could be a couple of days before you get a response from staff.  They work from oldest to newest posts and are still catching up on the backlog from the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 10

I'm having the same issue - should I start a new thread or contribute here?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Estimated speed shows 15-35mbps. Actual speed is 30 mbps

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Golfermad,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your 'estimated speeds' and your 'measured speed'.

If your 'measured speed' has increased to the faster Fibre 65 speeds that you expect then it would be worth switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.