FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre 65

heppy2002
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have been a customer for 18 months and enjoyed a good service both in speed and reliability. Recently I saw an option to upgrade to Fibre 65 which was a little more speed and had a web chat about upgrading, I was told I would get a new router and my min speed would be 38mb I went ahead and I could see the order including a new router which said please check back for tracking details. The order has now went to completed and I can't see any indication I am actually getting a new router - no tracking info that I can see. To cap it all I see no difference in speed if anything it is actually a little less when performing tests - previously 36mb on multiple devices now 33mb. I can also see on my account the minimum guaranteed speed is 24mb not 38mb as stated.  It feels like I have been scammed into extending my contract and paying more for the same or slightly worse service. At least I still have some time to get out of the contract but after a good service over the last 18 months this is a real disappointment

Graham
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Seafarer1947,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Hi heppy2002,

I can see that you now have the new router, apologies for any confusion 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

TT do not have UK call centres as far as I know.

You could try Live Chat and that way you can keep a record of the conversation.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

Message 4 of 6
I am trying to upgrade to Fibre 65 offer or higher and there is an Indian woman who says there are some maintenance problems and to call back in 3 or 4 hours time.
Why isn’t there someone in the UK who can help me to upgrade my current package ?
0 Likes

heppy2002
First Timer
Message 5 of 6

Contacted support and they confirmed my new router is in transit hopefully this helps - disappointing this doesn't show on my account which would have saved an unnecessary contact

Graham
0 Likes