FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre 65

Waley
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I have recently renewed my package with TalkTalk & upgraded to Fibre 65. Other than the change to the price I have noticed no difference in what I’m getting, such as an improvement to the speed. Am I supposed to have a new router as it seemed to indicate that when I upgrade my package?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Waley

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 47.9mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5
Are you doing the speed test on a wired or wireless device, if you do have a wired device it would be best to run the speed test from there to get accurate results.

If shutting down the router for over 30 minutes has not helped then it would be best to let the staff here take a look at this when they are back next week. They should respond to this post within the next few days to assist further.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi

The estimated sync speed is shown as 46 which is just about within the range we have of 45 to 55. The speed check shows the speed as good at 45Mbps to the router but the speed to our devices is shown as poor at 27Mbps for download and 14 Mbps for upload. The guaranteed download speed is 43 Mbps so we are well below that speed. 

We have followed the advice in your email below but it has not improved the speeds. Can you please advise what we should do now.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Waley,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this speed fall within that estimated range.

If you run a speed test (ideally from a 'wired' device) does this give you speeds well below the sync speed shown in your router, if so, have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes since you upgraded, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help increase the throughput speeds up to something closer to the sync speed.

You will not automatically be sent a new router if the router you already have fully supports the Fibre 65 product.