FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Trevor 82
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

On Tuesday I spoke to a customer service representative at Talk Talkcto upgrade my broadband as my contract runs out on the 20th December.

I chose Fibre 65 and he said that the change would take effect within 24 hours. Now days later yes my account now states that I am on Fibre 65 but my upload and download speeds have not. They are still at my old levels from my previous contract and worse I assume I am now paying for faster fibre but not actually having it.

Is there something I can do at my end? Or was I misinformed?

Any ideas??

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi Trevor,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 8

@Trevor 82 Have you tried switching off your router for a full 30 minutes to allow a fresh session to start?

Subject to that, if you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. They will be back online tomorrow, give it a day or two. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

Prego.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks I get it now, sorry was being a bit daft there wasnt I.

So the quoted upload and download speeds for the upgrade I have had are available to my house.

So why I am still at the previous Download and upload speeds I do not know.

Maybe I will need to give them a call as I dont really like paying for something, finding it is available at my address but not receiving it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Hi

My DOWNstream (download) is 80 theoretically, actually I get 74/5 from the ISP.

If I UPstream (upload) anything it is 19/20  I get what I pay for.

The 69.3/67.2 is the minimum I must get, or the ISP refunds me / allows me to leave penalty free.  

So......   ????????

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Cheers, how do I know if I am upstream or downstream?

If I am upstream then there was apparantly no point me upgrading and paying more. If I am downstream then the Downlaod and upload speeds should be able to be reached...very confusing

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
0 Likes