FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from 35 to 65 and speed got worse

KevinHolmes
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

Hi - when I had Fibre 35 my speed to the router was 40MB, when I upgraded to Fibre 65 a few weeks back the speed dropped to 37.9MB. The internet signal has dropped out several times the last few days and now the speed to the router is showing at 30.7MB. Any suggestions?

It's the Sagecom Router version SG4K10002816t and is approx 2.5 years old.

Thanks for help. Regards, Kevin

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 21

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on. Did you receive a router returns bag?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi Chris - here's the update. Openreach engineer very helpful and ran tests on various sockets and found:

Original BT socket - DL 40MB and UL 6MB plus a few minor signal faults.

Master socket with extensions enabled - 50MB and UL 7MB

Master socket with extensions disabled - 52MB and UL 10MB

RJ11 extension cable arriving tomorrow but all looks promising 🙂

Regards, Kevin

PS Shall I return the old router in the new box?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi Kevin,

I've booked the engineer for Monday afternoon (May 24 2021, 1pm-6pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi Kevin,

It's an Openreach engineer 

The questions are - can you confirm

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Could you please also answer the Covid questions from my PM yesterday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Chris - when I go to the link, answer the security questions - screen says 'we'll get back to you'. There are no further questions there for me to answer.

Are we talking about sending a TalkTalk engineer or an Openreach engineer? 

Regards, Kevin

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi Kevin,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi Kevin,

If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Thanks Chris. Yes please - that does sound like the next step doesn't it? Please go ahead and arrange. Many thanks. Regards, Kevin

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirms some details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Chris - we don't use the land line much but there aren't any problems. Sound is clear and without interference or noise. Regards, Kevin

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Your line profile isn't capping your speed. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Debbie - I checked today and speed to router is 39.2MB - which is still less than the minimum guaranteed speed of 41MB and someway short of the 44-49MB claimed typical speed. What are you seeing? Is the service still capped at 40MB as it appeared to be when I had the 35MB service? Thanks for your help Debbie - much appreciated. Regards, Kevin

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Kevin

That's great 🙂

Please can you keep router connected without rebooting and I will check the connection stats again tomorrow to see if DLM has made any further changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Thanks Debbie - new router arrived yesterday. Plugged in and download connection to router improved to 38.6MB. This morning I swapped out all the cables as well and download connection to router was 39.2MB. Connection seemed more stable as well. I will monitor for the next few days. Guess that might improve still further? Regards, Kevin 

Message 16 of 21

Hi Kevin

Both routers will work fine. I have ordered you a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi Debbie - what would you recommend for the Fibre65 service? My initial preference is the Sagemcom hub (as that's the one I'm familiar with) but I'll be guided by you. Regards, Kevin

Message 18 of 21

Hi Kevin

I can send either the Huawei WIFI hub or Sagemcom hub, which would you prefer to test with?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Thanks Debbie for quick response. Yes - the router is in its normal socket. Please do send a new router to try. Is that the Huawei model? Thanks again for your help. Regards, Kevin 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi Kevin

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the line is in sync at 29mb.

Is the router currently at the test socket? Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the speed compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes