FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my service to Fibre 65 but no free UK calls as per website

SusanNM2021
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello. I upgraded my service to Fibre65 that was advertised on the existing customer offers and upgrades on Monday the order number was: N83390817. It stated on the website an upgrade to Fibre 65 with free Unlimited UK land-line and mobile calls as well as the amazon echo dot and smart plug offer. However, I note as my service is now running that I do not have unlimited calls and in my account it stated that if I wanted this it would be £7 per month for 18 months discounted from £14. I contacted Talktalk representatives via the chat text bar today but they stated they there never was such an offer and I would have to pay the £7 offer. I told them that I saw this on the website and that is why I upgraded but they would not listen, could not offer me any goodwill and that was that. In fact I started to wonder if I really did see it even though I also showed it to my son. I then saw that another customer said the same thing and I also have a screen shot saying it. I have now paid the additional £7 per month for 18 months as I use my home phone a lot. But I am upset that one I was not believed by the customer services team and I also feel a little conned into taking a new contract for a further 18 months on false pretences. Is there anything that can done please as I feel that talktalk were in the wrong here. The other forum page is at:https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Fibre-65-package/m-p/2792089

I would be grateful if this could be looked into. 

Many thanks

Sue

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

SusanNM2021
First Timer
Message 1 of 6

Thank you TalkTalk this has now been resolved satisfactorily. Thank you all for your comment's and help.

Sue

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

@jhdt56dw, it's certainly very oddly worded. Talktalk's online offers seem to cause a lot of problems, so many of us try to get the deal checked and set up by staff.  Only the team on the phone lines actually do this just now. 

For help with this issue, please start your own thread, as staff only reply to the original poster. Return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

You also need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jhdt56dw
Team Player
Message 3 of 6

Sue, you are definitely not imagining this! I've included screenshots of seeing the same thing that prompted me to come here to see if others had similar experiences.

I've just logged into my account to check the offers available to me, seen the same "unlimited calls" incentive, in addition to the Amazon devices. £29.95 per month in big, bold type.

Clicking on the "more details on this bundle" link shows a pop-up screen that again promotes the unlimited calls incentive, but this time with a deliberately vague "for a few pounds more, you can get" included. 

Clicking "Renew now" finally reveals the bait-and-switch, with the £14 charge for the unlimited calls now added on.

I understand your frustration!

SusanNM2021
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hello. I just wondered if there is any update on this please?

Many thanks

Sue

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @SusanNM2021 so annoying and expensive Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.