FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 1 of 113

Hi Philip

No problem 🙂

If there is anything else that we can help with then please let us know.

Have a good day.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 113

Great thanks for that - much appreciated.

Message 3 of 113

Hi Philip

All sorted out. I spoke with Ryan and I have credited this charge back and this should show in My Account within the next 24 hrs.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 113

Sure no problem - it should be all documented in the notes from Ryan.

Message 5 of 113

Hi Philip

Ok, I'm just taking another look at this and I will post back shortly.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 113

Hi Debbie

The other credits were agreed compensation for the problem we have had. The engineer visit is entirely separate.

Message 7 of 113

Hi Debbie

Yes it is showing on this month's bill which was just issued.

Thanks

Philip

0 Likes

Message 8 of 113

Hi Philip

Further to my last post, I can see that 2 different credits were applied to your account. This charge may have been covered in these credits applied.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 113

Hi Philip

I'm so glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

What date is showing for this engineer charge? Is this showing on this months bill? (I'm just trying to locate this)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 113
Hi Debbie

Thanks! No getting more like 30 which is a vast improvement! 

The complaint is closed and when I tried to email it bounced back. Thanks again for your help along the way.

Kind regards
Philip

Message 11 of 113

Hi Philip

I'm so glad to hear this. What speed are you now receiving?

In regards to the charge, can I just check has the complaint been closed now?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 113

Hi Michelle

Finally got this resolved via the CEO team. 

Just as a follow on about my complaint I've been incorrectly charged £40 for a missed engineer visit. Your colleague in the CEO team Ryan cancelled the incorrectly arranged Brightsparks engineer visit on the day of the visit because we actually needed an Openreach engineer.

Please can you arrange for the £40 to be refunded.

Thanks
Philip
0 Likes

Message 13 of 113

Hi,

The CEO Team confirmed to me earlier that they would be investigating this so they should hopefully be making contact with you ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 113

Hi Michelle - OK thanks but so far I have heard nothing from anyone. Is there any information at all about what has gone wrong?

We have a Brightsparks engineer coming tomorrow but not sure if that is going to get to the root of the issue? Is this not an Openreach issue?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 113

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've raised a complaint and escalated this straight to our CEO Team now and they will be making contact as soon as possible.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 113

@Durks7, staff are generally not on here at weekends  - use the number/ Chat for contact until Monday:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 113

Hi Debbie

Very disappointed by this whole experience - I have spoken to your technical support colleagues this morning (another 45 minutes of my time wasted). They are now sending a Brightsparks Engineer on Tuesday. I explained our service was being rerouted via a different cabinet etc but they didn't seem to know about that. All very frustrating and confusing - I really need to you step in here and get this sorted.

Please can you let me know what is going on? Now 3 days without any broadband service!

Thanks,

Philip

Message 18 of 113

Hi Philip

Thank you. I have also asked the team to make contact with you ASAP.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 113

Hi Debbie

Thanks - much appreciated. I'll leave the router on in the meantime. 

Kind regards

Philip

0 Likes

Message 20 of 113

Hi Philip

I completely understand and I'm disappointed too as they team advised that there would be no loss of service whilst this work was being completed.

As soon as the MPF order completes today I will post back on this thread and I will also get the date for the Fibre upgrade.

Apologies again.

Debbie

0 Likes