FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 41 of 113

Hi Philip

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I will also keep an eye on this for any additional updates.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 42 of 113

Hi Debbie

I heard from your colleague and all sounds fine - there will be no disruption to our service and speeds will increase to 40. This will be done on Thursday. Hopefully all goes to plan!

Message 43 of 113

Hi Philip

I'm so sorry about this. I've made the team aware and asked them to contact you as soon as possible (today/this morning if possible)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 113

Hi Debbie - still no contact. Can you chase them please?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 113

Hi Philip

Apologies for this. I've contacted the team again this morning and asked them to contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 46 of 113

Hi Debbie

I missed a call from them on Wednesday and haven't heard back. Keen to get this sorted so can you request a call today please?

0 Likes

Message 47 of 113

Unfortunately I missed their call yesterday. What is the risk just pressing ahead?

0 Likes

Message 48 of 113

Hi Philip

I've asked the team to make contact as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 49 of 113

This morning would be fine - keen to get this resolved!

0 Likes

Message 50 of 113

Hi Philip

I will request a call from the team. When would be the best time and I will let them know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 51 of 113

OK so that means we basically would have a usable service while the work is done? How long does this process take?

Yes please it would be reassuring to speak to someone to understand what is going to happen and when.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 113

Hi Philip

The team advised that you should still have a MPF service. Would you like me to ask the team to call you to discuss before going ahead with the work?

0 Likes

Message 53 of 113

Hi Debbie

Can you confirm what this course of action will mean in terms of potential disruption to our broadband service please?

Thanks

Philip

0 Likes

Message 54 of 113

Hi Philip

Are you happy with us to go ahead with the cease and re provide?

Our Order management Team have advised that we can now cease the current fibre service and roll this down to a MPF service. They would then place another fibre order for the new routing.

The team may also call you before they do this to discuss further. Would you like me to proceed with this?

0 Likes

Message 55 of 113

Hi Debbie

Any further news on this please? In the meantime the line continues to drop out and speeds are only up to 9.

Kind regards

Philip

0 Likes

Message 56 of 113

Hi Philip

Openreach have now confirmed that the routing is correct and you shouldn’t have any issues with your new service. 

Our Order management Team have advised that we can now cease the current fibre service and roll this down to a MPF service. They would then place another fibre order for the new routing.

The team may also call you before they do this to discuss further. Would you like me to proceed with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 57 of 113

Hi Philip

I'm sorry for the delay. I have chased again for an update from Openreach.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 58 of 113

Hi Philip

Our Order Management Team have advised that they are waiting on additional information from Openreach.

I will let you know as soon as they come back to us.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 59 of 113

Hi Philip

Our Order Management Team are in contact with Openreach at the moment to confirm our options before we progress with the work needed.

We have asked Openreach if you are able to use a LLU (ADSL service) whilst the routing on the fibre side is fixed. The 2nd option might be a full cease and re provide which means you will have no BB service for a period of time whilst the new fibre order is placed.

I will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

Message 60 of 113

Hi Philip

I can see that the speed has increased slightly but more work is required to receive faster speeds.

As soon as our Order Management Team get back to me with the steps we need to take then I will post back on this thread.

In regards to your contract renewal, you would need to discuss this with our Loyalty Team. We are unable to process renewals on the Community sorry.

Thanks

Debbie