FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 61 of 113

Hi Debbie

Thanks for that - sounds good. Are you confident our speeds are improving?

On another subject our contract is up for renewal on 13/5 can you extend that for us at the same price please given the issues we have had?

Kind regards

Philip

0 Likes

Message 62 of 113

Morning Philip

Openreach have now completed the work they needed to complete.

I have passed this over to our Order Management Team to complete the 2nd half of the work needed. I will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

I have also raised a credit for the engineer visit. This will show in My Account in a few days.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 63 of 113

@Durks7, have you checked in Transaction History?

The bill itself can't be changed, but the £50 should show as a credit.

You can then put it towards further bills, or move the money to your own bank account from My Account. 

If there are more problems with it, start a new thread for the billing aspects in that section of the forum. 

Staff will be back on here after the Bank Holiday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 64 of 113

Hi Debbie

Back from holiday now - can you confirm the cabinet switch has been done. Broadband speed seems slightly better but is dropping. Perhaps you can let me know what you can see.

Also I can see the £50 charge for the engineer visit hasn't been refunded - please can you arrange that?

Thanks

Philip

0 Likes

Message 65 of 113

Hi Philip,

Sorry, no further updates yet. If you don't hear anything tomorrow or over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 66 of 113

Hi Philip

We are still waiting on updates from the Openreach routing team, sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 67 of 113

Hi Philip

No additional updates from Openreach as yet. I will keep monitoring this.

0 Likes

Message 68 of 113

Hi Philip

Sorry for the delay.

Openreach have provided the below update. I will check on this again this afternoon.

please be advised, as the correct routing has still not been updated by the routing team sent request again to the routing solutions team to update the correct one

0 Likes

Message 69 of 113

Any news at all Debbie? I can see any improvement so assume they haven't made the switch yet? 

0 Likes

Message 70 of 113

Hi Philip

Openreach have now left notes to advise that this is a routing issue and have requested that a cease and re provide is completed.

Openreach have advised that the next update is due on 07/04/22.

0 Likes

Message 71 of 113

Hi Philip

I've checked on the fault but there are no updates yet. Has the engineer made contact? 

0 Likes

Message 72 of 113

Hi Philip

There should be no charge for this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 73 of 113

Great thanks for arranging that Debbie - I presume that under the circumstances I won't be charged for the visit!

0 Likes

Message 74 of 113

Hi Philip

No problem 🙂

I will post back on this thread tomorrow as soon as Openreach have updated their notes.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 75 of 113

Hi Debbie

Thanks - that's really great many thanks for arranging that. Let's see what the Engineer has to say.

Kind regards

Philip

Message 76 of 113

Hi Durks7

I've arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 05/04 AM (8am - 1pm)

I will also continue to monitor this for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 77 of 113

Hi Durks7

This should show in My Account in the next day or so.

I will arrange the engineer visit now. I would need to wait for the engineers findings/notes before I can advise on next steps. Will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 78 of 113

Thanks Debbie - when will this refund show on my account. I've been given £80 compensation for the issues so far so just want to check this is a separate refund. 

Yes very keen to get an Openreach Engineer to look into this - please can you arrange this ASAP please. We are on holiday from 9/4-16/4 so this week would be much preferred. Will they be able to return us to ADSL if speeds can't be improved - which by the way the Openreach engineer who did the orginal switch to fibre from ADSL told me was the only way to get back to the original speeds. 

Message 79 of 113

Hi Durks7

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and I can see that the refund has already been requested and approved.

I would like to arrange an Openreach engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this so we can get to the bottom of the speeds your line will be able to support?

0 Likes

Message 80 of 113

Hi Debbie

It was a Brightsparks Engineer who attended on 18th March. He confirmed there was an issue outside of our house causing the issue. He also said we can't get Fibre because of the distance between the cabinet and our house. Apparently a common issue to be upgraded like this when in fact it is not possible to get fibre!