FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 81 of 113

Hi Durks7

Apologies for this.

Can I just check, what date did the engineer attend? Was this Openreach and not a TalkTalk engineer?

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 82 of 113

Hi Debbie

Any further news from Openreach at all? Also I've been charged £50 for an engineer visit which clearly detected an issue as per his report. Can you please make sure this charge is removed from my bill?

Message 83 of 113

Hi Durks7

I've checked the connection stats again and the connection appears to be more stable now but the speed hasn't increased.

I think we should get Openreach to have another look at this. Would you like me to arrange this?

Message 84 of 113

Hi Durks7

Has the router been switched off or rebooted at all over the weekend?

I can see re connections and I just wanted to check if the router has been rebooted or if the connection is still dropping?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 85 of 113

Hi Durks7

I can see that Michelle has replied 🙂

Please can you keep the new router powered up without rebooting and I will check the connection stats again on Monday and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 86 of 113

Morning,

Thanks for the update. It can take DLM a few days to make changes to the speed. How has the stability been so far since this router has been connected?

Thanks

Message 87 of 113

Just checked the speed and it was 4.2Mbps

0 Likes

Message 88 of 113

Hi Debbie - the router arrived and I have plugged it in!

Message 89 of 113
0 Likes

Message 90 of 113

Hi Debbie

Thanks for checking in - it hasn't arrived yet but Yodel are delivering it tomorrow. I'll get it swapped over then and report back.

Kind regards
Philip

Message 91 of 113

Hi Durks7

How are you getting on, have you received the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 92 of 113

Message 93 of 113

That's great Debbie - I feel a lot happier now that you have taken ownership of finding a solution!

Message 94 of 113

Hi Durks7

Yes please post here and I will continue investigating this for you. Sorry again that this has been ongoing but I will do everything that I can to get this sorted for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 95 of 113

Thanks Debbie - much appreciated. At least we have a plan to try and resolve that so thanks for your help.

Should I drop you a message on this private chat once the new router has been connected?

Message 96 of 113

Hi Durks7

Thank you. Once the new router is connected then I will check the connection stats over 48hrs to see how the connection compares.

I would have to speak to our Order Management team about what we would need to do if Openreach advise the same thing again after our investigations.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 97 of 113

Hi Debbie - Thanks for explaining about DLM. OK I'll give a new router a go but can I what will happen if that doesn't improve things? I'm I then forced to go to another supplier?!

0 Likes

Message 98 of 113

Hi Durks7

I think this is because ADSL connections will soon be old technology and fibre and FTTP will be what we use going forward.

Yes the router will be free of charge and will arrive in 24-48hrs.

DLM is what monitors your connection and will change the profile to get the best balance between speed and stability.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 99 of 113

I'm baffled by why going back to ADSL isn't an option - surely Talk Talk just tell Openreach to do that? 

If in the meantime you can send me out the new router (assuming it is at Talk Talk's expense) then at least we can try that. Sorry I don't know what DLM is?!

0 Likes

Message 100 of 113

Hi Durks7

From the notes left by our Loyalty Team there appears to be no option to change back to ADSL. I have also checked this and there is no option to do this.

The TalkTalk engineer should have left a router with you. DLM wont increase the speed straightaway it needs time to monitor the connection.

Can we try and see if we can investigate the fibre fault on the Community?

0 Likes