FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to fibre 65 but not happy with the result :/

jansus
Participant
Message 17 of 17

Hello

I just recently upgraded my fibre to fibre65 but im not getting promised speed.

As Im with you for a very long time I know about SNR and attenuation a little bit ... And it seems my modem its connecting with 8 SNR hence slow speed when i know that it works perfectly fine on 6SNR or even lover attached screen grab with my connection parameters.

Can someone form the staff reset my line to 6DB SNR please We use to do it on old ADSL line <requesting certain line parameters> I hope you can do somethink with VDSL2 ^^speed.pngpromise.png

Thank you. Jan

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 17

Hi jansus,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Have both the stability and speed been ok since DLM changed the profile/since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

DLM decided to put me back onto 6db SNR... thank you DLM 😉IMG_20210201_133429.jpg

Can someone explain 0.0 line attenuation on upstream...

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 17

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't request a specific profile for the line as this is managed by DLM to provide the best balance between stability and speed for your connection.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

As your speed is 6 Mbps above your minimum guaranteed speed and not showing a fault, no staff will request a DLM reset.

You'll just have to wait and see if DLM increases your speed.

That can actually take quite a while, see this article from ZEN, they may use a different profile to TT but the principals are the same.

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Fibre-Optic-Broadband-FTTC-What-is-DLM-and-how-does-it-wo...

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Debbie

Can I request line reset... I realy want to see 6db SNR.... maybe because i was changing modem and making adjustments to VPN hence frequent reset my line has been set to slower band...now modem is conected for over 4 days and no errors on the line...

Can you tell me more about two day period when i had speed like this ...around 11 jan 2021 quick.png

Can we do somethink to change the speed modem is connecting.

I believe it can go faster then what it is now.

Regards

Jan

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Jan

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 55.9mb and 50.3mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 45.3mb.

Your current sync speed of 51.9mb, is within the range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Jan

I've checked the connection stats again and I can see that the line is still in sync at 51.9mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

You have a 20 day cooling off period to cancel any order. 

Message 9 of 17

Hello Debbie

Router is connected thru microfilter to test socket. I have only one telephone socket at home and it is master socket xD

from my end stats looks good the only errors I get are on upstream.... IMG_20210121_165834.jpg

and I will not mess with the router for another 48H lets see if connection improve....

Can you tell me how many days is colling of period when you upgrade but you are not happy ...  and you want to cancel upgrade....?? 

Thanks

Jan

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Jan

We are unable to make any changes to the SNR or profile as this is monitored by DLM.

DLM will change the profile to get the best balance between speed and stability. If the connection is dropping or if the router is rebooted often then DLM will change the profile and reduce the speed to stabilise the connection.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for at least 48hrs, without rebooting the router? We can then check the connection stats again to see if the connection has remained stable and if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hello Debbie

I upgraded my fibre broadband connection on 8.01.21 - 10.01.21 after 24 hours and 30 minute disconection i had stats like this :quick.png

Then after Two more days beign FAST i noticed drop so checked stats and they where like

this:

slow.jpg

So in the sime time I bought new router <having problems with remote desktop I was thinking this will help.... how wrong i was when i realize it was talk talk blocking it as SCAM protection....> Still new router is FAR better machine then stock talk talk...

Stats on my new router seems to look better but the outcome is not better...:

speed.png

Line Atenuation is lower it should reduce SNR... and increase actual rate....but it doesent....

I dont understand why my servicestatus telling me now: that my speed to the router is 56Mb if my router is connected on 51925 Kbps as maximum attainable and its connected for longer then 2 days...  

I would like to know if the line can be set back to SNR 6 manualy... or this is completletly independent system, and we can only sit and watch or cancel contract my problem is if I cancell all other options coming to my home thru the same cooper cables 😉 no real fibre around my post code :(??

the router was reboted few times but it stay connected for over two days constant with minimal or no errors and it had two days stints before I was restarting it manualy with hope for greater SPEED 😉

IS there a topic about DLM and how it work ^^??

Regards Jan

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 17

Hi jansus

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 51.9mb.

There were a high number of re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed. Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

"... dunno about VDSL2 ... " is right, because they can't. This is flagged up, wait for an OCE response. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

martswain Talk Talk forum OCE always had autority to change ADSL profiles dunno about VDSL2 because i didnt had any problems last few years... Im really happy with the service and I know forum OCE can help me 😉 fingers crossed

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi

I know it can go quick...

quick.png

but now  its like this....

IMG_20210117_191757.jpg

 with snr set to 8dB its not quick 

Line atenuation is even lover now.... 

Unless my line is still beign trained by DLM... 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 16 of 17

When you click on "Find out more" in that "Speed to your Router" box, what does it show as your minimum guaranteed speed.

TalkTalk cannot tweak noise margins, they are all taken care of by the DLM system.

Downstream noise margins are normally 6dB and only seem to go below that on lines very close to the cabinet, as your estimated speed is well below 80, I would expect to see you hit 6dB.

As your margin is above that, check your phone line for any extraneous noise as that can affect VDSL performance.

0 Likes