FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded, will I get a new router?

Sathos
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hey there, I am moving from just being my self and my son to having my partner and stepson moving in with us. This means a lot more devices and a better connection needed so I took the offer to upgrade to Fibre65.

My question is, will I get a new router with that, the one that goes to new '65 customers as I have the older smooth black one. Got two autistic lads here that are liable to throw wobblers if there are internet issues as routine and consistency are absolute essentials with them both. Modern kit very much required.

Who doesnt do their best thinking in the shower?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Sathos

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thankyou so much everyone

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Router is on the way.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi there, apologies for the silence, I didnt get a notification for the reply and am moving my partner and stepson into my home haha

I have updated all the info in my profile now I think, look forward to the router haha

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Sathos

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a new router 🙂

My daughter is autistic and I fully appreciate how important it is to have a working connection 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Sathos,

The HG633 does fully support Fibre 65, so a more modern router is not likely to give you any faster speeds 'to the router'. However the more modern hubs can sometimes give slightly better Wi-Fi coverage.

You will not automatically get a new router when you upgrade as the router you already have fully supports the service you are upgrading to.

However the staff here will be able to pick this post up tomorrow and may be able to help further.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Sathos
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 9

I believe mine is the HG633

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

EXACTLY what model do you have ?

The two HUBs (Sagemcom and Huawei) have identical specifications and will perform equally well on Fibre 65.

0 Likes