FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed on Fibre slow

Andrew5617
Team Player
Message 30 of 30

Hi, I was wondering is it possible to increase the upload speed on Fibre broadand. I am getting a good download speed of 37Mbps but only getting 5Mbps upload. This is causing issues with voip calls when both myself and daughter are working from home. I have turned off the router for 30mins as advised in other posts but the upload speed does not improve.

Many thanks

Andrew

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 21 of 30

Hi Andrew,

Ok thank you for confirming and we can re-check the sync speed again in the next few days.

Thanks

Message 22 of 30

Hi Michelle

I have run an initial speed test using a wired connection to the router and results are listed below.

Regards

Andrew

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

34.7 Mbps

Your average download speed

5.3 Mbps

Your average upload speed

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

Hi Michelle

I have now connected the Microfilter router and phone to the test socket and will leave it in place for a least the next 48 hrs

Regards

Andrew

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 30

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for trying this. I've re-run the line test again and the voice test is now clear. Would it be possible to keep the microfilter, router and phone connected to the test socket for 48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the upload sync speed?

Thanks

Message 25 of 30

Hi Michelle

Do you still require me to setup the router etc in the test socket?

Regards Andrew

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

Hi Michelle

I have plugged the phone into the test socket and the line sounds the same.

Regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test the phone at the test socket first to see if the noise is still present? If there is no noise then could you then connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for a few days to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Message 28 of 30

Hi Michelle

There is a little background noise on the phone but not excessive. The master socket is an Openreach socket with a faceplate at the bottom so assume I may have a test socket.

Regards

Andrew

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 29 of 30

Hi Andrew,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks