FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload slowed down

kuroneko
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My upload speed seems to have gotten a lot slower , was almost 19 Mbps now it is down almost to 2Mbps . My router shows the Upstream line rate as 20000 and a max of 23158 .Can this be reset ? Or fixed somehow . Thanks .

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi kuroneko,

Ok thanks for confirming this 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

The router is the Talktalk Huawei HG633 .

Upload speed seems to be staying at about 18Mbps , so seems to be OK at the moment .

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi kuroneko,

Thanks for the update. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK tried turning off the router , left it off about 40 mins made no difference . But my upload speed seems too be going back up , started to last night , each time I run a test it's a little faster , back up 10 Mbps at the moment so hopefully it keeps going up .

Not sure if it's related but my router has started to loose the connection between my devices ( Hi Fi , iPad , phone , ect ) They all remain able to connect to the internet but wont connect to each other until I either reboot the router or go into the routers settings and turn off and back on the Wi-Fi , then every thing is fine for a few days until it happens again . Just started doing this a few weeks back never lost any connections before then .

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi kuroneko,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Kuroneko, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

Have you tried rebooting your router? Switch of leave it for 5 minutes then back on? Only do this once or twice a day at most.

Do you have any noise on your phone line?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.