FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Tp-link TD-W8961N router with Fibre 35 - settings needed?

stephenco
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I'm trying to connect the TP-Link router but it's not allowing me to connect. The only thing I've added is my phone number xxxxxxxxxxx@talktalk.net as the username.

Could someone please advise me if there are other settings.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
Thanks Birchcroft, the paragraph I'd referred to indeed stated TD-W9970 supports VDSL. I should have noticed that. I'll return it to Amazon and perhaps purchase a TD-W9970 as it should work.

Message 2 of 5

Hi @stephenco agreed it does say the TD-W9970 supports VDSL which it does and it should work with Fibre 35.  However you stated that you are trying to setup the TD-W8961N which is ADSL with no support for VDSL and therefore will not work with Fibre 35.

If you actually have the TD-W9970 then you should set it to VDSL and follow TalkTalk's guide to setting up non-TalkTalk routers.

Message 3 of 5

I took a quick look at https://service-provider.tp-link.com/vdsl/td-w8961n/ and it seems to suggest in the 4th paragraph that 'Compatible with Fiber/Cable service' and that 'The TD-W9970 supports VDSL/ADSL'. I'm a little confused.

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

Hi @stephenco a guide to setting up 3rd party routers can be found here.

However a quick look on the internet would seem to indicate that the TD-W8961N is an ADSL router and does not support VDSL.  If that is the case then it won't work with Fibre 35.