FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Broken - worked for 18 months now not working

EmmaF4
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I have been working from Home for the past 18 months and my VPN has always worked. Switched to Talk Talk in April and it continued working fine.

Approximately 2 weeks ago (mid September) it stopped working like many others on here.

Having just spent 3 hours with my IT guy and on the phone to support this has not been resolved. We have tried removing kids filter, scam protection, restarting and factory reset of the router. 

If I connect my laptop to my mobile phone hotspot the VPN works perfectly, as it does for my other colleagues. As soon as you switch back to my WIFI (i.e. TALKTALK) it cannot connect. We have tried this with two separate laptops and both have the same issue.

Clearly TalkTalk has amended some sort of settings, however their own technical team are unable to advise and no managers were available to assist. I had to laugh when their technical advice was to ask the community as apparently you can tell me to change stuff they cant!

Please help as I need to be able to work having returned from holiday! If we cannot get this fixed shortly I guess I will have to go via ofcom to get my contract cancelled as they are unable to provide the service I pay for!

I note from other posts that a new router seems to be the only way this gets resolved. My current router is a Sagecom "TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub" using firmware: SG4K100130.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Just following up on the recent VPN Issue you had, to aid our Teams in their investigation of the issue affecting the Sagemcom 5364 router running Firmware V130t.

Can you let me know if you tried changing the Firewall level in the router and if this allowed the VPN to connect.

Also, when using Windows inbuilt VPN, can you let me know what setting you chose from the below image.

Thanks  

Karl. ​​​​​​​

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi EmmaF4

Apologies for this. I will feed this back

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

EmmaF4
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your quick response and suggested solution. 

Yes please, I assume this will be sent out first class free of charge as currently I am unable to work?

May I kindly suggest that the technical team on the phone is made aware of this issue as this would have saved over an hour of mine and their time!

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi EmmaF4

Thank you. Our Products Team are currently investigating an issue with VPN and the Sagemcom hub.

Would you like me to send a Huawei hub?

0 Likes

EmmaF4
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie,

It was incorrect, I've updated it to the right one now.

It's a Microsoft VPN which is accessed through the Microsoft VPN settings rather than through a browser.

Thanks.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi EmmaF4

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Which VPN client are you using?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes